• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Worldwide Energy Crisis

Documents deposited by Xcel Energy for it's Nobles Wind installation of 134 turbines. The wind turbines lasted 12 years. The cost of putting these wind turbines out of service was 85 533 609 $. The cost of renewing these wind turbines: 204 000 000 $. Another great ''Green'' ripoff. You have cemetaries of these wind turbine pales all across the globe. Very ecological !

425702127_25134684426122758_5037940883096358924_n.jpg

plus the original installation costs and the cost of the backup read duplicate generators for when the wind died down. Must come close to the cost of installing nuclear plant in the first place

To be somewhat fair, we haven't really shone on disposing of the waste from nuclear either.

I'm not defending wind power per se, but everything has a lifespan. Whether 12 years is good for a wind turbine, beats me. According to the Bloomberg article that attaches that image, they are working on how to recycle them and I would assume the State or County will hold them to it (that photo is from the Casper WY landfill.

This is Xcel's presser on the project. 650Mw from their four area sites ain't nothing. I guess if there was no money it, companies and their shareholders wouldn't do it.

To be somewhat fair, we haven't really shone on disposing of the waste from nuclear either.

Are you talking about Canada?

Other than shooting it into space, burying it deep and monitoring it is the only feasible COA.

Got to love the renewable energy. Knocking out of the park today.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-02-05 20-46-51.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-05 20-46-51.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 21

I'm not defending wind power per se, but everything has a lifespan. Whether 12 years is good for a wind turbine, beats me. According to the Bloomberg article that attaches that image, they are working on how to recycle them and I would assume the State or County will hold them to it (that photo is from the Casper WY landfill.

This is Xcel's presser on the project. 650Mw from their four area sites ain't nothing. I guess if there was no money it, companies and their shareholders wouldn't do it.

Majority of nuclear waste is irradiated material, from medical supplies to construction material that has been around radiation. Also thanks to nuclear treaties the USA will not re-process it rods, only 3% of each rod gets consumed in the US system, leading to storage issues. In France the rods get re-processed and eventually 97% of the original rod is used up.
The US needs to find a way to re-process rods without violating treaties on nuclear weapons.

Majority of nuclear waste is irradiated material, from medical supplies to construction material that has been around radiation. Also thanks to nuclear treaties the USA will not re-process it rods, only 3% of each rod gets consumed in the US system, leading to storage issues. In France the rods get re-processed and eventually 97% of the original rod is used up.
The US needs to find a way to re-process rods without violating treaties on nuclear weapons.

Rockets, loaded with nuke waste, aimed at the sun... Fire... No ?

B.C. Hydro is particularly suited to addressing gaps in supply with a jurisdiction like Alberta, which is moving to a mix of natural gas and wind power, and lacks the battery-like storage facilities of hydro reservoirs.

Alberta stores its energy underground.

You stop with all your woo hoo knowledge and stuff... I want my nuke rockets and I want them flying at the sun...
Next you will want sharks with frickin laser beam attached....
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Alberta stores its energy underground.
Many of the hydro generating stations in the B.C. interior are going to be very short of water this year. Revelstoke received 20% of its typical snowfall and pack is about 6’. (Typically it is 12-20’ this time of year).
I am told the cable ferry crossing the Arrow Lakes is dragging the ferry across the lake bottom in places.
Article from last fall, and it’s only gotten worse:

Back