• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wondering if someone could answer a few questions, please and thank you.

snsca

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm interested in joining either the Air or Naval Reserve, however, I'm getting married shortly and for the moment would like to stay close to home. I'm living in Halifax, and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not CFB Halifax puts on BMQ courses (more specifically weekend BMQ courses) , or following trades courses for that matter.

I've got the same question in regards to CFB Shearwater.

I realize these are questions for a recruiter but would appreciate any answers regardless.

Thanks.

12 Wing Shearwater has an Air Reserve Flight, but as far as how they do their trg, where, etc you'd probably be better off speaking to the MWO over there.  To my knowledge, all Air Reservist do a "full" BMQ, ie they go to NRT Det Borden or CFLRS St Jean Qc to complete a fulltime BMQ, like Reg Force personnel do.  To my knowledge, all Air Reservists complete the exact same courses their Reg Force counterparts do, regardless of trade.

For info on the Navy Reserve, you'd be best off to contact HMCS Scotian with questions as well.

This would ensure you get the most accurate info, of course.

I can't comment on how up-to-date the numbers are but its a start atleast.

Air Reserve Flight contact info  (the 12 Wing Shearwater info is close to the bottom of the page)

HMCS Scotian contact info

If the number for 12 Wing isn't the right one, sing out and I'll get the number to the POC this week at work.

The Naval Reserve has not done weekend BMQ since the early 1990s. Currently NavRes BMQ is completed at NRTD Borden (a detachment of CFLRS St Jean) and is the Regular Force standard. As EITS noted, the contact information for HMCS SCOTIAN above. The location of trades training depends on the trade you chose.

Back