• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

winter/jungle warfare

Expect to be thrown on LAV related courses right away.  Once you are qualified in those, they may send you on more specialized courses.  All PPCLI battalions are supposed to be mechanized by 2011.  I don't know if that goes for RCR and Van Doos.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Flash'n back to Tully and 'wait-a-while' grass! Darwin...
Yeah, you're bringing back memories with those names !! I enjoyed Tully and it's Wait-A-Whiles... for a few days !!!!!!  ;D Do they still maintain the "Thai Village" there ? it was a nice objective for a fighting patrol. I remember looking at the guestbook in the Mess, noticing the signatures of the members of AC/DC.

stealthylizard, how is Para Coy going to be employed in the PPCLI ? Or is there even a plan that takes Para Coy into consideration ?

I have no idea what will happen with the para company.  I have heard that CSOR will be taking over the jump duties, but don't quote me on that.  A lot of us are attach posted to the 1st for 2 reasons, next battle group, and so when the tour is done, we can come back and teach everyone else how to operate as a mechanized unit for the 2011 tour.

Jungle said:
Yeah, you're bringing back memories with those names !! I enjoyed Tully and it's Wait-A-Whiles... for a few days !!!!!!  ;D Do they still maintain the "Thai Village" there ? it was a nice objective for a fighting patrol. I remember looking at the guestbook in the Mess, noticing the signatures of the members of AC/DC.
The village is still there! Looking just like "Viet-thailand" in the heavy rains when i was there. We had annoying villagers hassling us about malaria while we were fighting through. My secco refused my advice, "Do the vill, do the whole stinking vill!" after they wouldnt leave me alone. I think a good massacre during a training ex is good, it keeps everyone on their toes.

Hales! said:
I think a good massacre during a training ex is good, it keeps everyone on their toes.

Hale, after seeing the pics of you in the J, you didn't look fit enough to even massacre yourself  >:D

This older wannabe is a little timid to reply.  I have been trying to heed the advice of George and others who seemed to  have reformatted that old "two ears one mouth " saying into " since you have two eyes and one mouse, read twice as much as you post."  But, I have to say thank you for some really funny stuff.  You really got me laughing.  Seriously, some of these witty digressions are a lot more useful to me than some of this sh*t about how fluffy the pillows will be on basic training.  Man some of you guys have a lot of patience. If lucky enough to get in I know it will be a lot of fun.

But, back to the thread before I get my butt chewed.  I spent a week in the Amazon jungle with an ex Peruvian commando.  His name was Orlando and he operates out of Iquitos.  You do not have to worry about the piranhas - they are actually pretty tasty.  But try real hard to avoid getting a hard on at night - that is just more surface area for the mosquitoes to bite.  Always eat the stew or anything else that is really hot.  If you are lucky the germs will be dead. ( I did pay money for this, but it was a very good friend's idea and I am sticking to that story!)

Again thanks kindly,

Rod

Back