• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the worst that could happen?

cavalryman said:
This question sounds like the chance for an interesting object lesson for your entire serial.  Why not let your buddy try?  It may prove to be highly educational about military discipline - a lot more so than the obligatory QR&O lectures.

Yup, had the pleasure of having a couple of living breathing training aids for this particular PO check on more than one recruit course I taught in my mispent youth. >:D

Let me tell you the story of a guy during my Pres BMQ who went out of base (without permission) one night and did not wake up or did not want to get up for morning PT

- We were bound to form up a 5 AM and well wen our platoon commander showed up...the senior told that one was missing. We saw the Platoon commander and an other staff get in the tent...we heard screaming allot and about 2 minutes after...we saw the guy coming out of the ten..dressing on his way.

We had one of our hardest PT ever...I almost fainted, some of us puked. for not doing "team work".

The guy was putter in for disciplinary action, got a big amount to pay, and well...the guy was never late again..and we made sure not to forget no one after.

Ho yeah...and the staff made sure to give the guy a little harder time for him...and we also suffred the hard time for ourself.

A second story was when we we doing our Field part training...on the second morning they woke us up with a arty simulator. Belive me or not, 5 never woke up. and their section never tried to wake them.

again...hell was upon us. we went for a morning walk..with our gas Mask on, for a little run. and a little crawl, and a little push up...running with gas mask as you know is hell... 4 people got injured.

Never forget someone or never leave someone behind.

As stated before, the disobediance of a lawfull command could stick. Also what could apply here is everyone's favorite:
103.60 – CONDUCT TO THE PREJUDICE OF GOOD ORDER AND DISCIPLINE (NDA 129)

But if the kid is a real piece of work then he/she could get this depending on the situation:

103.31 – MALINGERING OR MAIMING

(1) Section 98 of the National Defence Act provides:

"98. Every person who

(a) malingers or feigns or produces disease or infirmity,

(b) aggravates, or delays the cure of, disease or infirmity by misconduct or wilful disobedience of orders, or

(c) wilfully mains or injures himself or any other person who is a member of any of Her Majesty’s Forces or of any forces cooperating therewith, whether at the instance of that person or not, with intent thereby to render himself or that other person unfit for service, or causes himself to be maimed or injured by any person with intent thereby to render himself unfit for service,

is guilty of an offence and on conviction, if he commits the offence on active service or when under orders for active service or in respect of a person on active service or under orders for active service, is liable to imprisonment for life or to less punishment and, in any other case, is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to less punishment."

Remember that this is BMQ - you have to teach them what the rules and standards are before you start charging them for breaking them.

GreyMatter said:
Remember that this is BMQ - you have to teach them what the rules and standards are before you start charging them for breaking them.

True, but in this case, the question implies an understanding of the inherent wrongness of the action (or inaction).

GreyMatter said:

::)

Aside from stating the obvious...this attitude is part of the problem IMHO.

Back