• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

PMedMoe said:
Deep fried Mars bars are unhealthy  (Well, d'uh!!)  ::)

A family owned pub in Scotland has come under fire for its famous deep-fried Mars bars, which the chocolate-covered nougat-maker says is "not in line" with the company's policy of promoting a "healthy active lifestyle."

The deep-fried Mars bar is a menu staple at the Stonehaven fish and chip shop in Aberdeenshire, which claims to have invented the dish.

But Mars Incorporated wrote a letter to the bar owners demanding a disclaimer on the menu to show the company — which makes M&Ms, Snickers bars, and hot chocolate, among other products — doesn't endorse this unhealthy treat.

More at link

I'm not sure which is worse; having to state that a deep fried Mars bar is unhealthy or the company policy about promoting a "healthy, active lifestyle".  ???

:facepalm:

It just makes you wonder sometimes.  First off, deep-fried Mars bars are nothing new or unique.  They've been sold in UK fish & chip shops for years and secondly, anyone who would begin to think that they're a "healthy choice" probably thinks that poutine is ideal because it covers all the food groups! 

Pusser said:

It just makes you wonder sometimes.  First off, deep-fried Mars bars are nothing new or unique.  They've been sold in UK fish & chip shops for years and secondly, anyone who would begin to think that they're a "healthy choice" probably thinks that poutine is ideal because it covers all the food groups!

Who says that poutine isn't healthy :threat:

Pusser said:

Wonder what they would think about deep fried butter on a stick?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/video-french-speakers-berating-montreal-tourists-goes-viral-190923485.html?_esi=1

cupper said:
Wonder what they would think about deep fried butter on a stick?

I think you'll find that somebody below the Mason-Dixon Line, or in Scotland, has tried deep-frying just about any food (and I use that term loosely).  The only difference is that the Scots tend to wrap it in newspaper, while our southern cousins will serve it on a stick.

In between classes during my QL3s, one guy says: "I think, when I retire, I'm gonna be a kindergarten teacher, so I can mark stuff in crayon," to which the response from the other guy was, "I'm gonna be a college teacher and do the same thing!"

Kudos to the future college professor who will, undoubtetly be messing with his students minds when they recieve a test or assignment back, and it is marked in a red crayola!!  ;D

Well....if an email response falls into this category then here it is, "We know what the letter said and we are sticking to our guns".....  I guess a signature block from a 2-star isn't worth much these days...lol

At work today: "Is it illegal to steal a cat".  Left without comment...

At end of day today: "I said she could Sec 34 the claims she processes, as I sign review and sign them too".  As a very by the book kind of guy, I was genuinely scared by that comment.

Why do people ask for a tunafish sandwich?  Have you ever heard someone ask for a chickenbird sandwich before?

NavyHopeful said:
In between classes during my QL3s, one guy says: "I think, when I retire, I'm gonna be a kindergarten teacher

He could have just stopped there.  ::)

Yup...no training in life required for anything you'd like to be. It's like the story of a neurosurgeon telling a famous novelist (I think it might have been Margaret Atwood),upon finding out that she was a writer, that he thought he'd like to be a writer when he retired too.

She told him when she retired she was going to be a neurosurgeon.  ;D

RDJP said:
He could have just stopped there.  ::)

Yup...no training in life required for anything you'd like to be. It's like the story of a neurosurgeon telling a famous novelist (I think it might have been Margaret Atwood),upon finding out that she was a writer, that he thought he'd like to be a writer when he retired too.

She told him when she retired she was going to be a neurosurgeon.  ;D

Margret Atwood thinks the sun shines out of her asshole. ::)

Jim Seggie said:
Not only that, she is no advocate of a free press.

No, she's not. I see to remember her being at the forefront of efforts to close down Sun News even before it launched.

recceguy said:

She thinks that because she's been told that her whole career.  Her grocery list would be a best seller in Canada.

recceguy said:

I had to read her during my years at Mount Allison U (The Edible Woman and Life Before Man) = the only time in my life that I've seriously considered offing myself. Never did read The Handmaid's Tale due the the risk of traumatizing myself again, but sat through the video adaptation years later while on maternity leave; it wasn't bad - kudos to the pers responsible for the adaptation!!

recceguy said:
Margret Atwood thinks the sun shines out of her *******. ::)

Her response is fundamentally flawed. Every one can write. Some better than others. NOT every one can open a skull and rewire the innards.

I have the same argument with NHL players and the lockout. Every one can play hockey. your nothing special. Some people just play it better than others.

I work at the hospital. This is the Doc's exact words.

"I need a medium anuscope stat."

I can't think of any reason why an anuscope would be stat. But then I was wondering why she asked for a medium. Is she like my tailor?

Back