• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Other Nationalities Can Join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron The Englishman

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

This is as much an introduction as a question as this is my 1st post here,
Hello all and how do, my name is Aaron I am a British citizen and have been since birth, as have my parents and their parents. I currently live in Portsmouth, Hampshire, U.K. I was born in 1987.
I am an apprentice-served mechanical engineer and I am very interested in joining the Royal Canadian Air Force.
My Father served for 22 years in the Royal Air Force, naturally he speaks highly of it and after working, myself, as a civilian I feel that I would be better suited to a military career. I have, for a long time, wanted to make my life in Canada, using the points system, I am eligible to immigrate with 71 points. The pass mark is sixty-something
I have visited the Canadian High Commission in London to ask if it is possible for me, as a British Citizen, to join the Royal Canadian Air Force but nobody could answer the question.
I have researched the entry requirements of the Royal Air Force and found that Commonwealth Citizens are eligible to join. I would very much like to know if this is the case for the Royal Canadian Air Force. All that is mentioned on the website is that you must be a citizen, however it says that on RAF website as well.
It is only when you read the literature that you find out citizens of the Irish Republic and Commonwealth Citizens (from birth) can join.

Any & all help/information greatfully recieved.

Aaron.

Aaron The Englishman said:
Hello,

This is as much an introduction as a question as this is my 1st post here,
Hello all and how do, my name is Aaron I am a British citizen and have been since birth, as have my parents and their parents. I currently live in Portsmouth, Hampshire, U.K. I was born in 1987.
I am an apprentice-served mechanical engineer and I am very interested in joining the Royal Canadian Air Force.
My Father served for 22 years in the Royal Air Force, naturally he speaks highly of it and after working, myself, as a civilian I feel that I would be better suited to a military career. I have, for a long time, wanted to make my life in Canada, using the points system, I am eligible to immigrate with 71 points. The pass mark is sixty-something
I have visited the Canadian High Commission in London to ask if it is possible for me, as a British Citizen, to join the Royal Canadian Air Force but nobody could answer the question.
I have researched the entry requirements of the Royal Air Force and found that Commonwealth Citizens are eligible to join. I would very much like to know if this is the case for the Royal Canadian Air Force. All that is mentioned on the website is that you must be a citizen, however it says that on RAF website as well.
It is only when you read the literature that you find out citizens of the Irish Republic and Commonwealth Citizens (from birth) can join.

Any & all help/information greatfully recieved.

Aaron.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/doyouqualify-105

Unfortunately, that is the answer. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back