• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the Engineer Training like over the summer?

Sapper24

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm new to the Engineer Regiment, and was wondering what the training is like for reserves over the summer, like PT wise and learning about how to use the engineer equipment and such, if you guy or girls could help explain to me just what happens over the summer, that would be great!

I did my ql3 this past summer in gaugetown.  The pt was fairly easy compare to other years since they took bridging out... ::)  Also, we only had schedueled pt 3 times a week....  I would recommend doing some trainning leading up to course just to make your life easier while there, nothing difficult just some jogging, pushups, situps and chinups.  Also, if you aren't a good swimmer you might want to work on that.  Using the tools had it's up and downs. Starts out with simple tools and then moves on to hydraulic and gas tools.  hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the input, so the engineer trades course is called the QL3 then?

Or Section Member Course...atleast that's what they're calling it now...we'll see about next year.

Sapper24 said:
I'm new to the Engineer Regiment, and was wondering what the training is like for reserves over the summer, like PT wise and learning about how to use the engineer equipment and such, if you guy or girls could help explain to me just what happens over the summer, that would be great!
Just give it your all ,as to P.T it will be warm up's before your run then some sit up's ,push ups then the chin up bar,.
You are young,just prepare your self and you will do alright. ;)

Self Confidence is the secret and if you wish it that bad you will achieve it ;)

Back