• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

After Hours with Ross Porter is probably the best thing on CBC Radio, and if you're trying to fall asleep he's got one of those voices that doesn't blare in between songs and wake you up.

As for albums, I really like Wynton Kelly, he's not really well known but he's excellent and generally is more of a featured player but always on good albums.

Wynton and Ellis Marsailis released a fun album of songs from all the peanuts cartoons and that's been one of my favourite albums.

Buddy Guy, guitar god.

Boys Night Out- dreaming

Moneen- are we really happy

the fullblast- all i need is a jetpack and rollerskates

Guns and Roses,
The Police,
The Doors,
The Payolas,
Genesis,
Roxy Music,
Zepplin,
Pink Floyd,

Mostly stuck in the 80's I guess
Gnplummer :cdn:

A real Canadian Icon if you ask me, forget Avril and Nickelback.

Just spinning his Greatest hits Album right now, I don't know if I could put a finger on what it is, but his lyrics are very much like Bob Dylan's in that you get a story every time and it seems like every song puts an image or a scene in your head.

The best example off the top of my head is "Helpless" (actually by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young) but man, if that doesn't paint Northern Ontario out for you.
Kind of nails the feeling you get sitting in a coffee shop in North Ontario (anywhere the North really) breathing a deep sigh and going "ah...hell."

Quality music...unlike a lot of the stuff "produced" nowadays!  :eek:

Che: thats hwy 17 west (Blind River) he's singing about. His dad was a railway worker at one time. Young is one hell of a guy, the story of his life outside of his music is incredible, especially with respect to his son. He has certainly had his share of trouble lately though- not related to his music, family or politics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel,_LLC

Cheers

whiskey601 said:
Che: thats hwy 17 west (Blind River) he's singing about. His dad was a railway worker at one time. Young is one hell of a guy, the story of his life outside of his music is incredible, especially with respect to his son. He has certainly had his share of trouble lately though- not related to his music, family or politics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel,_LLC

That may be true, but his main claim to fame was as a journalist and a hockey commentator during the 50's. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of fame for it.

I've enjoyed Neil since he was with Buffalo Springfield, in the 60's. He's a classic.

breathing a deep sigh and going "ah...hell."

[/quote]

LOL so true.  I saw CSNY a few years back at the ACC.  Those guys still rock hard ( I think they could make it through basic) The last song was "Keep on rockin in the free world" with a huge Canadian flag back drop.
One of the best shows I've seen.   :cdn:

His "Harvest Moon" album was a classic. I've been listening to it since the mid 90's, and its still just as appealing as ever.

matty101 said:
breathing a deep sigh and going "ah...hell."
LOL so true.  I saw CSNY a few years back at the ACC.  Those guys still rock hard ( I think they could make it through basic) The last song was "Keep on rockin in the free world" with a huge Canadian flag back drop.
One of the best shows I've seen.   :cdn:

I think you saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse. CSNY were formed from Crosby who had been a member of the Byrds, Nash who was in the Hollies, and Stills who had been part of Buffalo Springfield. Young, also of Buffolo Springfield, joined them for Woodstock in 69. The group as a whole broke up in 70, reformed in 74, for a summer tour. They broke up at the end of the summer and CSN reformed by themselves in 77, without Young.

yeah you're right but it was CSN&Y.  It was a tribute to the whole 9/11 thing. 

Back