• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wet Weather Combat Boots: Use, Maintenance & Other Stuff.

Eye In The Sky said:
Technically speaking, it is not GOR-TEX, it is (as described on the CTS site) "a waterproof moisture vapour permeable barrier layer", so whatever info you can find about footpowder affecting GOR-TEX might not apply.  Hard to say not knowing the actual specs on the material used.

I've got two sets of boots, both look virtually identical except one set has a taller pad rim on the top part of the boot.  These ones are actaully stamped Gore-Tex inside.  I can't believe how muc confusion there is over these things.  One source is telling us to polish our regular combat boots, another source is telling us to only use the green-tin kiwi stuff, then another source is telling us to polish our Gore-Tex boots and they must be shiny....

I know for sure if you use regular shoe polish on the Gore-Tex, it will fuck it up good and proper, so you have to use the Gore-Tex specific stuff. 

Has anyone notice that the two cans in question, the company names? Emu and Kiwi.... just saying..

Mister Donut said:
I've got two sets of boots, both look virtually identical except one set has a taller pad rim on the top part of the boot.  These ones are actaully stamped Gore-Tex inside.  I can't believe how muc confusion there is over these things.  One source is telling us to polish our regular combat boots, another source is telling us to only use the green-tin kiwi stuff, then another source is telling us to polish our Gore-Tex boots and they must be shiny....

I know for sure if you use regular shoe polish on the Gore-Tex, it will frig it up good and proper, so you have to use the Gore-Tex specific stuff.

The taller pad ones are the WWCB. DO NOT use polish on them. Doing so will ruin them. If supply hasn't issued you two sets of MK4s, and your getting jacked for wearing your WWCB as the dry spares, than kick it up your CoC. And of course...according to another thread...you may just get issued a pair of the new brown ones....that don't need polish at all....moot point.

I had my gore tex cleans and I still got a warning for it. I'm putting kiwi shine on them either way now, plus those are too big for me to the point that it hampers my ability to run, so  if they frig up well I will be getting new shoes anyways. Hopefully brown ones ;D

Back