• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welrod

Marty

Inactive
Reaction score
Was watching my nephew play a vid game , saw his "guy " use a Welrod pistol, yahoo'd it and found that it  is still used . I find it amazing that something designed just before WW2 is still in use today.The article said it was still classified . Anybody got the poop on this thing ....what makes it so special, is it in fact still in use , why is it so quiet, how does it work , that sort of thing.

Try a google search.  Plenty of hits mostly museams.  I believe the pistol was so effective because I think the .32 cal round is sub-sonic and the entire body of the weapon is a suppressor.

Crude, but effective.  The user only had to use it once, then he got to use whatever the poor S.O.B. he just shot was carrying.

Tom

well iam no expert but i beleive there is a certain 007 mystic behind the welrod. The high standard handgun was probally used more during ww2 and many early suppressors were designed to replicate the performance of it. The welrod has baffles and the h.s had a screen interior .......each worked and works ok but i still think that whole spy assassin thing has more to to with people actually hearing about them then what they really did. 

I saw a welrod last night in my regiements museum, looked pretty cool, does anyone know what one of these would be worht?

Future Unknown said:
I saw a welrod last night in my regiements museum, looked pretty cool, does anyone know what one of these would be worht?

If the can is intact and you are a gun collector, it's worth about 5 years in Kingston Pen. If you are a Toronto gang banger you might get a suspended sentance if you are unlucky.

Seriously, if a registered one with an inactive supressor showed up on the market in Canada there are collectors who would sell Grandma to get one. 

welrod10.jpg

Back