• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weight training to impove your ability to hold the C7 or C9

Ralph Wigum

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I have been in the Pres for about 10 months now and I was wonding if anyone knew of any training meathods that are used to be able to hold the C7 for longer periods of time with out using the C7? Also, during my BMQ I was taught that I should hold a weight parallel to the ground which was a helmet with a 1 quart water bottle for 1 minute or more. Does anyone really know if this does work to improve your endurance for holding the C7 more stable for longer periods of time? Or are there any other better meathods that I can employ to have a better stable hold on the C7/C9 when in the standing unsupported position.
Thanks a lot,
Ralph W. lol
:salute:

The best training for holding a rifle for long periods, and keeping it steady, is jogging with a weight or bar in your right hand.  If you can do your usual run while keeping a weight, especially one that extends out from the hand like a bar or rod.  By the end of the run, you have used all the large muscles and smaller stabilizing muscles just by holding the rod steady as you jog.  If it worked with the old C2, it will work with the little Lego C7.  As a side benefit, you don't notice the weight, because you are concentrating on jogging.

mainerjohnthomas said:
The best training for holding a rifle for long periods, and keeping it steady, is jogging with a weight or bar in your right hand. If you can do your usual run while keeping a weight, especially one that extends out from the hand like a bar or rod. By the end of the run, you have used all the large muscles and smaller stabilizing muscles just by holding the rod steady as you jog. If it worked with the old C2, it will work with the little Lego C7. As a side benefit, you don't notice the weight, because you are concentrating on jogging.

So you would jog and hold the bar like you would run with a rifle?

All you have to do with the bar is hold it parallel to the ground as you jog.  The muscles for bearing/stabilizing the arm will all get employed as you jog.  You not only increase the strength and endurance, but you make the action of keeping the shooting arm steady completely unconscious, when you are on patrol, you will find your rifle becomes an extension of your arm, and you no longer have to think about steadying it. As a side benefit, the steadiness of the arm translates into greater stability in shooting, in any position.  One of the oldest infantry drills was balancing a penny on top of a musket size staff while aiming at a target, the point was to teach the musketeers muscles to keep the musket perfectly stabilized while bringing it to bear on a target.  Strengthen and teach the arm to keep your rifle rock steady without thought and you are half way to a good combat shooter, plus long patrols are tons easier.

thanks very much, Next time i go out for a run ill try getting a weigh. :salute:

Back