• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weight Requirement

Soon_To_Be_Recruit

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, i have searched far and wide across the internet and havn't found nothing on this, so i'm wondering is there a weight requirement
to join the Infantry???
personally i'm skinny, real skinny

Height: 5"8
Weight: 125 pounds

Pushups: 60
Sit-ups: 47 in 1min

I can run the 2.4km 10min dont know exact because i havn't timed myself in awhile
i know i can meet the test standards, but i am still extremely skinny, anything stopping me???

I can run the 12mile under 10min dont know exact because i havn't timed myself in awhile

12 miles in under 10 minutes?  I wish my car would go that fast...

Lost_Warrior said:
12 miles in under 10 minutes?   I wish my car would go that fast...

My helicopter flys just slightly faster, we do about 15 miles in 10 minutes. The kid's got skill.

Soon_To_Be_Recruit, I assume it was a typo, if it wasn't, I'd forget the army altogether and join the Canadian Olympic Team instead.

sorry my bad i meant 2.4 km

so anyone got a clue on this, am i doomed to wait a year and load up on protein or can i just start the process now???

allright i'm gonna call my recruiter tomorow then ty

the whole thing takes a couple months anyway right?
so i got time to gain atleast another 10 pounds
i know i'll still my skinny but hey it's an improvement

alright i just finished talking to my recruiter, all i gotta do is pass the physical, thought i'd post this incase someone has the same issue in the future

I'm 5'8, 145-150lbs.. and I got a job offer rather quickly for PPCLI. Just work hard and never give up.  :salute:

Your weight probably wont be a problem until you head out to BMQ. Good luck carrying that heavy rucksack. I too need to put on some weight for BMQ.

I don't think you would have problems, there is people in the army not that big and really good...but if you want to put weight follow my advice eat eat eat try to eat 5 times a day, eat a lot of pasta, potatoes and 2 to 3 times a day of proteins eat a lot of calories but be sure to run and do physical activities like gym, i am 6 feet, 180 pounds and i gained 40 pounds in 10 to 11 months something like that i don't remember quit well.

Cheers

Wolf  :cdn:

You eat that much and you'll be too tired to work out lol. You wana gain muscle not fat cuz fat will just slow you down.

SoF said:
You eat that much and you'll be too tired to work out lol. You wana gain muscle not fat cuz fat will just slow you down.

You would actually be surprised to know that as long as your eating HEALTHY 6 meals a day is optimal and can actually be very beneficial to you, not only would you Constantly have alot of energy coursing through your body, but your metabolism would be going at full pace at all times, oh and lets not forget the fact that if you work out, especially running, you burn alot of calories and fat while doing the exercise, and when the muscles rebuild themselves larger, which draws more energy. Ive spoken just about all i know on the subject, i will let someone who knows more about this type of thing (perhaps fitsumo) give the rest of the advice.

Oh and to SOF, maybe you could try using the spellcheck and dropping the msn speak, its counter productive to your language skills and it will slow down your brain.

Jaxson said:
You would actually be surprised to know that as long as your eating HEALTHY 6 meals a day is optimal and can actually be very beneficial to you, not only would you Constantly have alot of energy coursing through your body, but your metabolism would be going at full pace at all times, oh and lets not forget the fact that if you work out, especially running, you burn alot of calories and fat while doing the exercise, and when the muscles rebuild themselves larger, which draws more energy. Ive spoken just about all i know on the subject, i will let someone who knows more about this type of thing (perhaps fitsumo) give the rest of the advice.

Oh and to SOF, maybe you could try using the spellcheck and dropping the msn speak, its counter productive to your language skills and it will slow down your brain.

.THANKS.​

Wolf  :cdn:

I have the same problem. I am 5'7 and 120 pounds. I eat as much as possible, but I am very active, I run a lot, and go to the gym every other day, so I guess I burn off as much as I gain, because I haven't gained a pound for over 4-6 months now  ??? I guess ill have to turn to weight gainers and/or protein shakes and hope they work.

SoF said:
you're wrong.
Jaxson said:
you're right.
StormTrooper said:
I have the same problem. I am 5'7 and 120 pounds. I eat as much as possible, but I am very active, I run a lot, and go to the gym every other day, so I guess I burn off as much as I gain, because I haven't gained a pound for over 4-6 months now   I guess ill have to turn to weight gainers and/or protein shakes and hope they work.
you're 18.
Your metabolism is still racing amile a minute. All your body's energy is focussed on growing up, not out. Stick with a healthy diet, eat 6 meals a day, and exercise. If you insist on trying to pack on muscle, stick with heavy weights in the gym, low reps (6-8), low sets (8 - 10), and minimize aerobic activity. Not to the point where it interferes with your cardio, however. You still want to be able to run, and meet your unit's standards. Focus your weight training on the big, compound movements: squats, bench press, squats, weighted pull-ups, squats, weighted dips, squats, lunges, squats, clean-and-jerk, squats, the snatch...
But, as I said, you're still growing, and your metabolism is screaming at mach 9. Don't expect to be competing in the next Mr. Olympia anytime soon.

Oh to be skinny... ;D.

I am at the other extreme. I am 5ft7, 210 lbs, 34 years old. I am re-enrolling in the P Res as a Med Tech after two years away.

I can do:

45 pushups
    50 situps (1 min)

I can run the 2.4km in about 12 mins (haven't timed myself in a while).

According to my family MD, my BMI is between 32-33. How much is the BMI taken into consideration these days? Any suggestions on how I can improve?

nsmedicman said:
How much is the BMI taken into consideration these days?
judging from the astoundingly large numbers of portly soldiers, chubby sailors, and rotund airmen: none.

Any suggestions on how I can improve?
start here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33109.0.html

Any detailed questions, feel free to pm me, and I'll help out wherever possible.

I have done a lot of upper body training, and I am blessed with a larger cranium (apparently to hold the vast amount of knowledge I have acquired over the years). So, with that, my BMI would be a bit higher than normal; wouldn't it? I intend to train well enough to be able to perform my job well, and not be a liability to the troops that I serve with. That is especially if I end up being attached to a Combat Arms unit (which is pretty likely), and working with others that are mostly half my age. I don't want to be known as the lazy a** old guy who can't keep up with the pups.

OMG. Reading through this thread is scaring me. I'm 5'7" and 172 lbs. I have a 26" waist. Wear a size 7 pants. I weighed 176 in my posted picture. You guys are making me feel ... aggghhhh FAT!! I assume Para will say I'm portly... but I'm NOT!!  :-X

Hey,
Let me know how the weight gaining goes....Im a girl, 24, 5' 7" weigh about 115 pounds...no matter what I eat I don't gain weight...I have pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner....It sucks cause im a vegetarian...but If you know some secret for skinney people to put on weight FAST....give me a shout

Back