• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing my Reserves beret for Reg BMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vergy said:
I intend too but I have a feeling it wont end to well for the fact that my liner is removed.

I am just going to bring it, put it in the proper inspection location and wear the one they give me and pray questions do not come up about my old beret.

These "documents" that you received - did it "actually" say to bring items that you were issued during "prior service" (in other words, the next to skin items you were allow to keep, i.e. garbage, when they took back everything you were issued when you released)?  Or did it say the same as the on-line joining instructions - "Those who have already been issued military kit (i.e. Mod 2 candidates) must arrive with military equipment listed in Annex B to this document. Items on the list not previously issued will be issued upon arrival."?

If it is the latter, then you have not been issued any military kit for this go-round at military service and they are not telling you to bring your beret.  Now if by some chance I've misread your posting history and you are currently serving in the CF (either Reg or Res) and have military clothing and equipment "currently" on issue to you, then go ahead and bring it.

Blackadder1916 said:
These "documents" that you received - did it "actually" say to bring items that you were issued during "prior service" (in other words, the next to skin items you were allow to keep, i.e. garbage, when they took back everything you were issued when you released)?  Or did it say the same as the on-line joining instructions - "Those who have already been issued military kit (i.e. Mod 2 candidates) must arrive with military equipment listed in Annex B to this document. Items on the list not previously issued will be issued upon arrival."?

If it is the latter, then you have not been issued any military kit for this go-round at military service and they are not telling you to bring your beret.  Now if by some chance I've misread your posting history and you are currently serving in the CF (either Reg or Res) and have military clothing and equipment "currently" on issue to you, then go ahead and bring it.

This is what it said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

EDIT: No I am not currently serving in the CF.

NavalMoose said:
Captain Blackadder1916 for the win.

A more intelligent comment goes way further then just commenting to get that post count up, anyway again, you can lock this topic.

Vergy said:
This is what it said:

EDIT: No I am not currently serving in the CF.

This is the applicable part of my previous post.

Blackadder1916 said:
. . .  you have not been issued any military kit for this go-round at military service and they are not telling you to bring your beret.  . . .

Maybe they will issue a sense of humour and extra thick skin when you get there :)

NavalMoose said:
I guess common sense isn't that common  :facepalm:

Nope!

And I thought the OP had new info.  Instead we are back to them worrying about having cut the liner out of their old beret. 

::)

LOCKED AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back