• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warts

PMedMoe said:
Keep them clean and covered.  Use your shower sandals religiously and wash your hands often.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind.

Again thanks for your replies.

Thehare

I have my enrollment medical exam coming up shortly and I am wondering how a wart may affect the results of the exam.

Hudyma said:
I have my enrollment medical exam coming up shortly and I am wondering how a wart may affect the results of the exam.

Probably not affect it at all...unless you can't walk as a result of it.

MM

medicineman said:
Probably not affect it at all...unless you can't walk as a result of it.

MM

What about common warts?
I have one in between two of my fingers that I have been treating with salicylic acid for a few weeks now.
It looks pretty ugly at the moment and I am afraid it would affect the results.

Don't forget to disinfect your footwear after you get them removed.

I had a wart on my pinky 4 years ago, lasted for roughly 20 months (2009 to mid 2010)- looked bad as hell (I know what you mean when you say that) but it went away gradually without applying anything on it. I mentioned it to my Medical Examiner and everything went smoothly.

Most go away in 3-6 months, some can last up to 2-3 years. They are pretty common, but contagious as well. Their latency is quite prolonged, they come out of nowhere; ie. if you were to touch someone with it, one may not develop one until a few weeks to years down the road.

Hudyma said:
What about common warts?
I have one in between two of my fingers that I have been treating with salicylic acid for a few weeks now.
It looks pretty ugly at the moment and I am afraid it would affect the results.

It won't.  If I were the person doing the medical, I'd be looking more at your apparent health anxiety neurosis about your wart than at your wart itself  ;).

MM

i have a wart on my finger that the medical doctor noticed.. i didnt think anything of it. Is that going to screw me over?

ForeverLearning said:
i have a wart on my finger that the medical doctor noticed.. i didnt think anything of it. Is that going to screw me over?
Read reply #26 from medicine man.

Back