• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting for BMQ (reserves)

lone bugler

Inactive
Reaction score
hi I was told that I was on standby for BMQ (reserves) I'm wondering if anyone else has been in my situation, or if theres any chance of me getting on. I was told that It's a national process so If anyone in the country backs out than theres a spot open, besides that all I know is the BMQ/SQ I'm waiting for starts on July 2nd and July 22nd. The reason I'm asking is that no one wants to higher some person that would leave without 2 weeks notice because they don't know if they'll be called up. should i give up hope and look for a job when I move to ottawa within a month or stick it out? 

I'm waiting as well, except I have been told that the summer BMQ is full and as you said, there's only a chance at going if someone drops out.  For myself, it looks like I will be doing the part-time one, hopefully the one that starts in the fall.

I would think that chances are fairly slim that someone will drop out at this point.

Yea I'm on standby for the summer too. I'm not really getting my hopes up for getting a spot, I already got a spot for the fall BMQ so if I don't get a spot for summer I'm not going to worry to much

I'm in almost the same situation, I don't know if I'm on a waiting list for summer BMQ because I was told the regiment won't be selecting applicants for the course till late May and I would be called mid June.  Unfortunately for me this particular regiment will only be sending two applicants to summer bmq, so there's a good chance I may not get in till the fall.  This is causing problems for me as well because I will have to leave my current job to attend training and I would hate to leave without giving them 2 weeks notice.  
By the way, I've applied to The Ontario Regiment, training will be in Meaford.  How about you guys?

I was just sworn in last week with the 48th Highlanders in Toronto.  In the fall, the training will probably be out of one of the various armouries in Toronto.

im in the same situation as soccer08 i was told summer is full and that september is most likely when i will start and i was lookin forward to doing it in  the summer too :-\

I still haven't gotten my papers yet :eek: ::)

edit: should have said I'm calling the recruiter again today.

Baker

I was sworn in April, still no spot. I'm just worried that the September BMQ will interfere with university. I mean being gone all weekend would suck, thats when i catch up on homework and sleep. 

lone bugler said:
I was sworn in April, still no spot. I'm just worried that the September BMQ will interfere with university. I mean being gone all weekend would suck, thats when i catch up on homework and sleep. 

From what I have heard, it is roughly 2 weekends a month.  Although, it would seem that some months might only have 1 weekend, whereas another might have 3 weekends in order to make up for it.

I'm going into my 3rd year at UofT, so I'm going to have to make sure I manage my time wisely as well.

Hey guys,
I am joining the 709 Communications Regiment in Toronto and I just finished my PT yesterday.  I'm still waiting to get sworn in.  As for the BMQ, I was also told that there are 2 summerBMQ  this June in Shilo.  Spots for these haven't been guaranteed.  Now, reading your post soccer08, it's crazy how you haven't been given a spot considering you were sworn in April. 

In addition, for fall BMQ, it's every other weekend (Fri night, Sat and Sun) and you can't miss a session otherwise you have to start over again. At least, that's what I've been told by my recruiter.

ken_TO said:
Hey guys,
I am joining the 709 Communications Regiment in Toronto and I just finished my PT yesterday.  I'm still waiting to get sworn in.  As for the BMQ, I was also told that there are 2 summerBMQ  this June in Shilo.  Spots for these haven't been guaranteed.  Now, reading your post soccer08, it's crazy how you haven't been given a spot considering you were sworn in April. 

In addition, for fall BMQ, it's every other weekend (Fri night, Sat and Sun) and you can't miss a session otherwise you have to start over again. At least, that's what I've been told by my recruiter.

It was actually lone bugler who was sworn in, in April; I was sworn in on May 27th.  When I first started my application back in mid-March, I was told that chances of getting on summer BMQ were very slim.  Thus, I am not surprised that I will have to wait until the fall.

From what I have read around these forums, it would seem that you can miss at least 1 weekend.  The only thing is that it's your responsibility to catch up on the stuff that you missed.  Also, my unit has a training coy, and I've been told that if I need extra help on stuff such as drill, then somone will be able to help me during parade nights.

Finally got my papers. Going to get them done out and sent ASAP.

Baker

Hey all, has anyone been called for a BMQ date for this summer?  As for me, I still don't have a date for swearing in.  Hopefully, I'll know by next week.

Sworn in August 30/07, still waiting for info on BMQ this summer (weeknight/weekend wasn't an option for me due to university and employment obligations).

ken-TO: I just got back from the first Shilo BMQ/SQ yesterday. I'm a couple days early though because my foot is broken (and I only had a week left - the field ex - in SQ!! :crybaby: ). I believe the date for the next intake in the Comm Res school is June 21st/22nd; I might be wrong, but I know it's that week. Start calling your recruiter early and often if you hope to get on that course, it usually takes a little while to process the paperwork so the earlier you can get your unit moving on this the better. And you definitely want to be on the Comm Res courses instead of doing BMQ/SQ with other Army MOCs, it's much more beneficial for your future job (and you'll love T-100 and Mt. Shilo, too). I'm trying to get recoursed for the August SQ so long as I'm healed up by then, so hopefully I'll see you there, the guys (and girl) I met from 709 were all excellent soldiers.

For the Communication Reserve, the June 21/22 BMQ is a French one. The next English one starts on June 28/29.

I'm supposed to go for the June 21 BMQ, but I still haven't got the papers from my unit.

Has anyone that has applied for the summer reserve bmq been called yet?  I haven't yet and I'm going to assume I didn't make it since its so close to summer now.  Just Wondering if I'm the only one that hasn't heard anything for a month. 

Rumour was that they had a limited number of spots available in Meaford for each Unit. As a result it looks like we might be running our own BMQ at the armoury. Now, that is just what I heard for our Unit. Who knows what the situation is for you guys. Hang in there; you will probably go from not hearing anything to being told to get on a bus tomorrow. :)

Back