• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Release withdrawl

Turbo291

Inactive
Reaction score
Have been searching and compiling info through this means and others and still confused a bit...

Trying to unravel the paper work involved with this nightmare and on a timeline.
Basically submitted VR 4(a) (over 25 years complete) and told it would be 4a (Disabled), AR/MEL received 30 days later while on retirement leave and did not know the depth of what I was unable to do (reality hit), contacted now by IPSC & Case Manager the next day and both recommend pull VR and go 3b, but only have 30 days left to do this due to my final release date. 

Just a little bewildered with all the directions I'm being pulled. Advice?

1.  Initiate VR cancellation and into the 3b process.....
2.  Pull pin and wait for the paper to catch up and change release item after release? Not a lot of confidence in that one..
3.  And not getting warm and fuzzies on what 4a disabled is and
4.  Specific differences between 4a disabled and 3b..

Anyone

Thanks a lot

Pull the VR immediately and have the IPSC and Case Manager help you.

Make them kick you out.  Don't jump, let them push you.

Thanks all....VR withdrawl initiated and CoC supporting 100% and working on it...
Thanks for the input...

Just an update...30 days to the day initiated ... release changed from 4a to 3b final release date in two weeks.

I have a fantastic chain of command that was 100% behind me and fought for this and very lucky.

:salute: :salute:

Thanks again for your help .....

Just an afterthought....I never did find anything, nor could anyone confirm what a 4 (a) disabled is.  Does it even exist? Just curious...

No such thing.

4a = voluntary, entitled to an immediate annuity

3a = medical, unfit any duties

Back