• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

Hold tight and hopefully the trade you applied for is hiring. Mine was not (Hull Tech) and even second option (E-Tech). The BPSO had told me I could try and still apply but chances where extremely slim. I didn't want to take the chance and wait another year. VR is in now. Good luck with you application.

Oh it`s unfortunate for you ! I hope all goes well for you in your future civy life!
I know the trade I chose does not take a lot this year but it is more than enough to give me hope :D
I didn`t select a second trade as I don`t want to get out of my trade at all cost, I just really want this one!
Take care!

I did, both blue trades,

I have no clue where you are getting your "March" timeline though. The Board Sits in Late February and March, April offers are drawn up, and they are sent out End of April, Early May with rejections sent out End of May.

jlv031 said:
Can't wait for the offers to come in march!! I saw my file is in D Mil 7 on EMMA so first part is done! Anyone else waiting ?

So I received an email.....
Mine on D Mil C was a bit messed up. And from what I saw not many people applied for an AVOT.

Can I ask what you saw to say this ? That is good news for those who applied :). But what happened to your file ? Wrong info?

upandatom said:
So I received an email.....
Mine on D Mil C was a bit messed up. And from what I saw not many people applied for an AVOT.

i would like to know where you saw this too. i have my VOT in right now as well. i think the waiting is the worst part.

All Reg F personnel who apply for a VOT should be able to see it and track it through the DWAN D Mil C website (which you log into with your EMAA credentials).  I believe Reserve Force personnel can only query their chain of command for a status update.

Well the only thing I saw on d mil c 7 is that my file is in Ottawa. Thats it

jlv031 said:
Well the only thing I saw on d mil c 7 is that my file is in Ottawa. Thats it

Right, so the file should be processed IAW with VOT CANFORGEN 017/13.

I dont get what you mean but it is too late to process anything this year. The offers are coming down CoC in a month or so.

jlv031 said:
I dont get what you mean but it is too late to process anything this year. The offers are coming down CoC in a month or so.

Your question was: "I would like to know when an offer is made, is there a way to be noticed because I feel my CoC could "forget" my carreer goals since I'm on leave until June."

The section dealing with VOT applications will process your application IAW CANFORGEN 017/13.  That CANFORGEN includes timelines of when successful offers and rejections will be given to members.  If you see that your file is in Ottawa for selection, then you don't need to worry about your chain of command forgetting about you.

As its a message, its not going to get missed. If it does-

It comes via email- and that is accountable, fully. your CR, Chief Clerk, CM and RSM/CSM/WSM and whatever the navy calls theirs will get the original message, and from there it will filter down. IF it doesnt and gets hung up, it looks bad on them and can cause trouble. Usually its pretty good and free flowing of information with situations such as this.

If its not, then you have to keep on them, without pissing them off and find a good balance,

Just spoke to the BPSO. Messages are starting to get cut now and last round will be mid-May.. Everyone hold your breath

yea man getting cut means done up by the clerks and distributed accordingly. my bad i thought that was a pretty military term.

English is not my first language I just wanted to make sure I had it right.

Back