• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Video of an Internet Forum Thread

Meridian

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzgEi_u9-88

Thanks to the mods around here, this doesn't happen so often, but still pretty funny/accurate.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1776175

Very Hilarious :)

I'm sure one could be done for Army.ca, and it wouldn't be much different...  Just different lingo.

Either way... those were fantastic..  very hilarious.

"This is boring....... CHECK THAT OUT!"

That was. Amazing.

"Congratulations, you've been selected to win two free IPOD Nanos!"
"Read it!....."
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"
:rofl: :rofl:

cheeky_monkey said:
Actually its pwn....  ;D

Being over 50 I have no idea what that stands for.....just thought it was funny that some idiot kept parroting the same word over and over. What does it mean?

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Being over 50 I have no idea what that stands for.....just thought it was funny that some idiot kept parroting the same word over and over. What does it mean?
I don't know either, but I'm not over 50 ^-^

IN HOC SIGNO said:

Pwn/Pwned is L33t (leet speak, computer geeks and fps'ers pretty much) for Own/Owned, meaning you 'owned them'

Urban dictionary defines 'Pwned' as:

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

and it also defines 'Pwn' as:

PWN (verb)

1. An act of dominating an opponent.

2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.

Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned".

Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

1. "I pwn these guys on battlenet"

2. "This strategy pwns!" or "This game pwn."

And yes I am a long time geek :)

Hilarious!

Looked exactly like a group of people who think 'I did your mom' is the ultimate put-down line...

Greymatters said:
Hilarious!

Looked exactly like a group of people who think 'I did your mom' is the ultimate put-down line...

Yes that one and "PWN!" ha ha...there is a whole other language out there I guess....
Thanks for the explanation...I am now the wiser...I think.

Back