• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UTPNCM Questions

LCISTech227

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,  I signed my PER a little while ago and my boss and det commander think that I should apply to the UTPNCM program and get my self  into a University.  After that I gave it a lot of thought and am now really interested in the program and I for sure want to take it forward.  Problem is I went to the BPSO here and he gave me a few links to some documents on the DWAN/DIN, I've looked them over and I'm still a bit confused.  I know what trade I want to go for and what university program I will enroll in but I'm not 100 percent positive on the process I need to go through to get in to the program.  I was hoping that someone on here might have gone through it and will be able to shed some light for me.  Feel free to PM any info you have on the subject.

Thanks,

Yeah, that's one of them plus I have a few other ones if anyone else is interested let me know.  It just seems that after I read through it all.... it seemed so vague, what was actually required of me to be a sucessful candidate.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll try another PSO somewhere.

LCISTech,
The UTPNCM program is one of the best programs running.  You get paid your current rank, free tuition, free books, to almost any university in Canada.  The requirements are outlined in the CFAO....but the big one is 2 university credits to apply.  The board sits every year around and decisions are made in the new year. 
To initiate the program you have to fill out one of the Annexes in the CFAO and send it up the chain.  You will then be called in for a apitude test and interview. 
Let me know the details you are wondering about.

Parasoldier is right.  First thing to do is fill out the annexes and send them up your chain of command.  Then, hopefully your supervisor will help you get an appointment with the BPSO for your testing/interview.  Along with your PERS file, the PSO will need a letter of recommendation from your CO, but all of this happens administratively, you don't need to go chat up your Colonel!!  ;)
The UT board sits each year and if you are high enough on the merit list, then you get the message.  NOTE: usually you will not get picked up the first year.  They are looking to see you are serious about the program and working on your "areas of improvement".  Take the advice of the PSO after your interview and start working on your Personal Enhancement (i.e. He says you need more leadership experience; volunteer for secondary duties at your unit, or volunteer outside of the CF).
I spent 12 years in the ranks, and got picked up UT my second year of applying.  If you have any other questions, don't hesitate.

Back