• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USAF Pic of the Day

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
hires_071220-F-4177H-920a.jpg

C-17's over Charleston,SC

That is a huge amount of money in the air at one time.        :eek:

Regards

Besides being  a cool picture . That's allot of C-17 in the air WOW

Do you have another pic/version of that pic where the USS Yorktown II (CV10) museum at Patriot's Point, SC, just below the bridge in that pic, comes into view?

There is a HiRes pic. It might show it.
http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/WeekInPhotos/2007-12/hires_hires_071220-F-4177H-920a.jpg

Recce By Death said:
That is a huge amount of money in the air at one time.         :eek:

Regards
+1. Very nice picture though. Can you imagine if all those were Canadian? ;) ;D

Looks fake to me.  Look at the jaggies in the hi-rez photo.

oldpond said:

Why would it be fake ? The USAF routinely conducts airdrops of much larger size with the C-17. No need to fake a picture.

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest anyone was trying to pull the wool over our eyes.  Just thought it looked photoshopped. 

oldpond said:
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest anyone was trying to pull the wool over our eyes.  Just thought it looked photoshopped. 

Guess I am missing something here...looks no different then similiar pictures I have seen in the past.

A nice pic of a C-17 with museum in background.

C-17_Globemaster_Russell-Cooley_006_800.jpg

C-17_Globemaster_Russell-Cooley_005_800.jpg

Multi-ship formation.
C-17_Globemaster_041_800.jpg

tomahawk6 said:
hires_071220-F-4177H-920a.jpg

C-17's over Charleston,SC

I bet the pic was taken from the ramp of another C-17!  ;D

G2G

There we go!  We'll replace the Snowbirds Tutors with C-17s and have them do airshows PLUS cargo hauling.  That way everybody's happy...

It would certainly make for an interesting "Upwards-Downwards Bomburst" wouldn't ya think.?    :D

tomahawk6 said:
A nice pic of a C-17 with museum in background.

T6,
Thanks for the additional pics of the C-17(s) that also show the USS Yorktown II (CV-10) Museum at Patriots' Point, SC. Great flyover shots!

:)

oldpond said:
CDN Aviator said:
Why would it be fake ? The USAF routinely conducts airdrops of much larger size with the C-17. No need to fake a picture.

All those C-17s pictures wouldn't drop a single infantry regiment of the 82nd Airborne. There are more than double that many C17 at Pope Air Force base (beside Ft Bragg) alone.

True but the C-17 can carry 102 per bird - still impressive. :)

oldpond said:

Dunno what a jaggie is, but what're them circles around the boat below the bridge?

Back