• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US soldier launches puppy off a cliff

They just wiped out hundreds and hundreds of goodwill gestures in that one act.....idiots  ::)

Somebody should throw that clown off the same cliff IMO......

I kid you not, I nearly threw up. This isn't the only video of US troops torturing animals I have seen either. This is just sick.

from ctv.ca:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080304/puppy_video_080304/20080304?hub=TopStories

I'd express my outrage except the DIN won't let me see the video.

Well... As much as I am against vigilantism and internet-community retaliation, it appears as though the internet community is intervening to seek justice.

After this video was posted on Digg, the users have tracked him, his unit and his relatives down.  (this kinda ties in with the 'Killing with keyboards' thread regarding digital footprints.)

*I will not repost the soldiers name, but if you would like to know more, here is the link to the Digg user comments.

This guy, and his friends are not only sick and twisted, but stupid as well... he might as well have videotaped himself robbing a bank... It's not going to take much for this to catch up to him and his moron friends.  And I hope they get the same kind of brutality in sentencing and punishment that they displayed in that video.

Here's the USMC's official response;

Article link

Internet video of Marine mistreating puppy

MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII, Oahu -- The video of a Marine mistreating a puppy gained widespread attention on the internet today. The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine.

This video came to our attention this morning, and we have initiated an investigation. We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action.

The vast majority of Marines conduct their duties in an honorable manner that brings great credit upon the Marine Corps and the United States. There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children. Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave.

They're investigating it. Nuff said. Good on them.

Caveat:  I cannot open video links from my current location and have not/will not watch the subject clip.

With that in mind, I find the massive list of linked videos on Digg extremely disturbing.  If the captions are even 50% correct, there is a massive problem at hand here.  So what?  We get tarred with the same brush in the publics' mind and imagination, which is why 'nuff said' doesn't suffice, IMHO.

"Blowing up a kitten and cheering"?  Please, for the love of God...

Teddy,

True enough. However this kind of disturbing behaviour have probably gone on since the Greek and Roman times. Only difference? It takes too long to paint something, but an instant to take a picture or get the whole damn thing on camera. Its sickening, but it's out of our hands now... not that it ever was. The USMC has began its investigations, and we should wait and see what they decide. I too find it tasteless and disgusting, and I'm just hoping that they'll sort him out.

The Corps doesn't pull any punches when it comes to discipline.

MedTech said:
Its sickening, but it's out of our hands now... not that it ever was. The USMC has began its investigations, and we should wait and see what they decide. I too find it tasteless and disgusting, and I'm just hoping that they'll sort him out.

Let's hope so - they have an enormous PR problem on their hands (this has hit CNN) and, if some of the other Digg videos are accurate (note "if"), there is a significant discipline problem across the board as well.

Edit to add CNN story on these dumbasses here:  http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/03/04/puppy.marine/index.html

:-\

Teddy Ruxpin said:
  :-\

Well as far as I've seen with a few friends in the Crops, they don't take tarnishing their image lightly. I hope the individual in question is punished appropriately for his crime.

MedTech said:

Let's hope not - I know of a case in the '70-80s here in Canada (no names, no pack drill) where someone who mutilated a cat spent a bit of time (30 days IIRC) in SDB. 

All are innocent until proven guilty in the system, but I agree that it should be taken HUGELY seriously - I agree with those who say the ENTIRE profession of arms is tarred (even just a little bit) by the miniscule number of miscreants who do this sort of thing, not just the Marines.

I am an animal over of all creatures great and small, and I not even going to watch this. Personally I find the torture and killing of pets more disturbing than of people.

Lets hope the guily bastard here, gets his just reward.

Wes

milnewstbay said:
Let's hope not - I know of a case in the '70-80s here in Canada (no names, no pack drill) where someone who mutilated a cat spent a bit of time (30 days IIRC) in SDB. 

All are innocent until proven guilty in the system, but I agree that it should be taken HUGELY seriously - I agree with those who say the ENTIRE profession of arms is tarred (even just a little bit) by the miniscule number of miscreants who do this sort of thing, not just the Marines.
I remember this incident, a cat's paw in the payphone change despenser.

Regards,

Wes

I don't mean to take anything from what happened here because even if what I say is true it's still disrespectful what these troops did, but if you pay attention to the video it appears that the puppy isn't alive or consciously aware of what is going on. He holds the puppy by the hair on the back of his neck and the camera stays on the puppy for most of what is being filmed. It doesn't move. Even when the other troop (behind the camera) moves in to touch the dog he pulls his hand back from it and the dog makes no acknowledgment of anything going on around it. Even when he pulls the puppy back to throw it there is no sign of life in it. The yelping also doesn't appear to change (as in the distance of it stays the same regardless of how far it is in the air) which the further distance of the animal would be noticeable on the audio track. Which suggests that it could have been added in after it was filmed.

Of course I could be wrong and it could possibly just be me not wanting to deal with the fact that someone could do something so horrible to a live animal and desecration of any corpse whether human or animal is still very inappropriate but it's just what I personally noticed when I first observed it (with the audio turned down).

Justin said:
The yelping also doesn't appear to change (as in the distance of it stays the same regardless of how far it is in the air) which the further distance of the animal would be noticeable on the audio track. Which suggests that it could have been added in after it was filmed.

Are you some type of an video editing and voice expert or something??

Dead or alive, its what the clip represents and the message it says.

Back