• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Interestingly, Walz did have a connection with China in his political life, but as a critic for its human rights issues. Not really something someone would publicly do if they were a CCP sympathizer.
Conspiracy says that would be a good cover while backdooring things in their favour.

Conspiracy says that would be a good cover while backdooring things in their favour.
Sure, if the CCP of the early 1990s and into the mid-2000s was anything like what it is now.

Those were the days when the “communist” part was more of a joke than it is now. It was hyper-capitalist in most respects and the PRC was (relatively) close to the west.

The PRC of the 1990s was concerned about making tons of $ over everything else.

Yes; that was an entry point for the involvement of the PRC in Canadian politics today.
Yes but what I’m saying is it wasn’t necessary the intent.

It definitely makes things easier to exploit if the financial, etc connections were there but what I’m suggesting is that with the aggressive opening of the PRC in the 90s, most were thinking of getting rich, not getting into the govts of other countries.

As I said, hyper-capitalist for a “communist” country.

Anyway - back to Walz. He was a teacher at that point. There must have been thousands, if not more, foreign teachers who went to China in the 1990s, at a time when the PRC was less vocal in its nationalism. It’s a coincidence (as in two events that happened) and I’m sure something that was brought up during the vetting process, but I wouldn’t say that it’s a smoking gun that Walz was a Manchurian Candidate or something.

If Vance, for example, had the same situation, I’d say the same based on the political and social climate at the time.

Back