• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army officer won’t accept Obama as chief

Birthers Challenge Hawaii to Produce Statehood Certificate
President’s Birthplace Not Really American, Leaders Claim

KAILUA, HAWAII (The Borowitz Report) – Leaders of the so-called Birther movement followed President Obama on his Hawaiian vacation today to demand that Hawaii prove it is actually a U.S. state.

Mr. Obama’s claim to American citizenship has rested on his birthplace being Hawaii, but the Birthers argued today that Hawaii’s claim to being part of America is far from a foregone conclusion.

Speaking to reporters in Kailua, Birther leader Orly Taitz said that Hawaii cannot be considered part of the United States “unless it can produce an authentic statehood certificate.”

Ms. Taitz said that she did a thorough title search on the islands and has concluded that rather than being a U.S. state, “the islands of Hawaii appear to be colonies of Kenya.”

“That means that everyone born in Hawaii is legally not an American but a Kenyan,” she said, “which I find ironic.”

The Birthers’ contention that Hawaii is not a state promptly drew support from one leading Republican politician, former Governor Sarah Palin.

“To be honest, it’s something I’ve always kind of wondered about,” Gov. Palin said.  “Hawaii just isn’t an American-sounding name, like Alaska.”

Nemo888 said:
President’s Birthplace Not Really American, Leaders Claim
KAILUA, HAWAII (The Borowitz Report) .....

Allow me to post the link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/birthers-challenge-hawaii_b_802149.html
Andy Borowitz. Comedian and creator of Borowitz Report.com
Posted: December 28, 2010 09:39 PM
If you're going to post a joke, try not to make it seem, with large font, like it's exciting news that supports either side's case.  ::)

Redeye said:
The restrictions read rather like those of Britain's laws for citizens born overseas, instituting residency requirements so as to preclude generations of citizens with no actual connection to the country.  I had forgotten those caveats existed and shouldn't have as one of my friends just went through the process of getting her US citizenship documented.

In the case of President Obama, regardless of his birthplace were outside the USA, (which, let's be honest, is really not in dispute - but for argument's sake), he would be a citizen by virtue of suitability (d) since his mother was a citizen of the USA who resided there most of her life to that point.

Hawaii Was Not a State When Obama was Born There and his Mother Was Not Eligible to Give Birth to a U.S. Citizen-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor: 
There are a couple of eRumors about this.

A couple of eRumors:

One says Obama was born in Hawaii before it became a part of the United States and is, therefore, not a U.S. citizen by birth, which is a requirement for being president.

The other says that U.S. law stipulates that if only one parent was a citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten year, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.  The eRumor says that Obama's mother was only 18 when he was born, which was only 2 years after the age of 18.  One version claims to be from economist Thomas Sowell.
The Truth: 
All of these claims are intentional hoaxes, including the version that claims to be from Thomas Sowell.  Somebody simply tacked his name onto the eRumor.

First, Hawaii became a part of the United States in 1959.  Barack Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 so his birth was in the United States, not just a U.S. territory.  Obama has posted his birth certificate on his web site.  CLICK HERE for that page.  Even if he had been born in Hawaii when it was a U.S. territory, he would still be regarded as a citizen.  According to The Immigration and Nationality Act, Title III, SEC. 305. [8 U.S.C. 1405], "A person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900, is a citizen of the United States at birth."  Republican candidate John McCain was born in Panama and is considered to be a U.S. citizen under the same act.  McCain was born on a U.S. military base and both of his parents were U.S. citizens.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, the issue of the citizenship of his mother is not relevant because he would be a citizen by birth.  But the law cited in the eRumor about having just one parent with U.S. citizenship applied to persons born outside of the United States (or specified U.S. territories).  Between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, the law specified that if you were born outside of the United States and only one of your parents was a citizen, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least 5 of which were after the age of 16.

The qualifications for president are set in Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution:  "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States."

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-birth.htm

This doc is an obvious face.  Font etc.....However there is one glaring thing that is missing.  The official's signature and or stamp from the dept of health.

I am not a birther in any way, shape, or form.  But come on.    This officer is a disgrace.  It is easy,  he is sworn to follow the orders as given by sworn officers over him.  A Col. walks up,  passes this moron deployment orders, and says you are heading to the sand box.  This guy has two choices 1.  salute and pack his bags  or 2.  be a dummy and face court martial.
:salute:

Grimaldus said:
Yea, pretty much anyone who didn't want Obama as president is a defacto racist too.

Well, either that, or one of those...ummm... what's the word?  Oh, yeah... "Republicans".

Canadian Signaler said:
It is easy,  he is sworn to follow the orders as given by sworn officers over him.

No, it is not so easy, and no, he is not so sworn, as many Germans found out at the Nurnburg trials.

He - and you and me - are required to follow lawful commands. Nobody is required to follow unlawful commands, and indeed should not. One cannot claim "I vas only following orders" as an excuse for commiting unlawful acts if and when so ordered.

His claim is that the deployment order is unlawful as the president who initiated it has no legal right to do so.

You may view him as a moron, even though his intellect was high enough to get him through medical school and to his rank at the time of his conviction, but he had the courage to stand up for his beliefs. An appeal, should one happen, could be even more interesting.

I am not going to debate whether or not he was or not born in the United States..

But considering that this is the number one thing that they say negatively against him is sad. Extremely sad.

- Mike

Sadley Nemo even releasing this document the truthers birthers are still grasping for straws and saying he wasn't a "naturally" born citizen or pointing out "flaws" on this document  I don't see why he would even give in.  He's just giving that lier Donald Trump more airtime.

Although the concept may be rather foreign to us Canadians, it's very important for the US that the President be born in the States.  Why this wasn't produced the very day that the first whispers of this "contraversy" arose puzzles me.

It wasn't produced to begin with cause there is no legal requirement to produce the long form. They vetted his short form and found it satisfactory. Maybe Obama wants Trump to get more airtime, cement that Republican nomination. It will be a hilarious and fairly certain Presidential race if that's the case.

Technoviking said:
Although the concept may be rather foreign to us Canadians, it's very important for the US that the President be born in the States.  Why this wasn't produced the very day that the first whispers of this "contraversy" arose puzzles me.

But he did post a birth certificate? One that is even legally binding as a document?

I think this is just a side show for people who can't find anything else to complain about. It is also a completely immoral law (TO ME). Our charter states everyone has the right to vote.. It doesn't say that you have to be 18. But I don't go around complaining that I can't vote because I am a year young!

There is law, and there is common understanding of a law. This officer (By officer I mean the US one, not you) and other birthers lack it.

- Mike

Technoviking said:

Care to produce George Bush's long form birth certificate?

It was, fairly early on.  President Obama released his State of Hawaii Certificate of Live Birth, which looks rather like most of our birth certificates, a wallet card sized form.  It is, as has been repeatedly confirmed (most recently the day before yesterday by CNN who did an extensive investigation), the ONLY valid form of birth certificate for any legal use in the State of Hawaii.  Long form certificates are archived, and the COLB is an abstract of it.  Hawaii does not normally release the long form without very specific ATI type requests, which is what President Obama finally did to make Donald Trump look like an idiot.

To his credit (to quote comedian John Fuselgang), "Donald Trump is [probably] the first man in history to try and take credit for someone else proving he's a liar."  He obviously lied about his "investigators" and their "big find", and he looks like a complete rube now.

I almost wish Obama had let it go on a little longer so more Republicans could utterly discredit themselves in the process.

Technoviking said:

TheHead said:
Care to produce George Bush's long form birth certificate?
Care to blow me?  I'm not the one who is saying that Obama was born abroad.  What I'm saying is that, in spite of Redeye's assertion that it was produced, is that this wasn't put to bed immediately to silence those who were suggesting that Mr. Obama was not a "natural born citizen".

I almost wish Obama had let it go on a little longer so more Republicans could utterly discredit themselves in the process.

Be careful of what you wish for.

My only issue with that, TV, is that President Obama presumably followed the process in place to vet his eligibility.  Generally speaking, the onus to prove a claim is on the person making that claim - or at the very least, offer some evidence to support it.  The "birther" "movement" has never done so, which was why Obama was well within his rights to ignore them for as long as he did - though he did release the request document over a year ago.

The fact that "afterbirthers" are now falling all over themselves to attempt to "debunk" this BC, and now moving on to other spurious claims about the man suggests that there's no substance to this all but plain and simple overt racism.  There's a subset of the American public that seems to think that it should be impossible for a black man to get a good education on his own merits and become President of the United States, and any method they can use to try to discredit him seems to be in play.  That's pretty disgusting.  And it's embarrassing to a whole lot of decent average Americans, including plenty who don't like his policies and didn't vote for him or wouldn't.

Redeye said:
The fact that "afterbirthers" are now falling all over themselves to attempt to "debunk" this BC, and now moving on to other spurious claims about the man suggests that there's no substance to this all but plain and simple overt racism

race_card.jpg

In seeing what they blog about, tweet about, and have publicly said about the President, I'm left, sadly, with little evidence to conclude otherwise.  It is indeed a sad comment about the state of affairs of our neighbour to the south.

Back