• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UNB Lectures - "Canada in Afghanistan"

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
A presentation is to be held on the subject of Canada in Afghanistan, from a contrary perspective.  It is to be hosted by the Gregg Centre in cooperation with the NDP on 7 Dec 06 at 2000hrs at the Tilley Hall main auditorium at UNB in Fredericton.  There will be four guest speakers as follows:

- Alexa McDonough - NDP Foreign Affairs Critic (keynote speaker)
- Dr Geoff Brown - UNB Dept of History
- Dr Sean Narine - Director of Political Studies at St Thomas University
- Mr Rick McDaniel - Manager of International Social Development with YMCA

The event is open to the public.

That is all.

Hosted in cooperation with the NDP and Alexa McDonough is the keynote speaker.....now why is it that whenever you need a puking smiley face you cant find one  ;D.    I guess this one will be close enough  :-X.

If its on tv I might watch for a bit out of shear morbid courisosity<sp?>. Now if there was going to be a real debate from all sides then I would be all for going, I just try to avoid one sided mudfests.

I wonder if any of the academics are for the mission?
I would be pretty disappointing for a university like UNB to present something like this without even trying to present both sides of the story

DVessey said:
I wonder if any of the academics are for the mission?
I would be pretty disappointing for a university like UNB to present something like this without even trying to present both sides of the story

More then likely not, if they were do you think the NDP would have them speaking?

UNB hosted a lecture last night on Iraq and Afghanistan. It was a very good presentation. I wonder why they did not ask the lecturer to also be part of the above stated debate. He was in country and has some very interesting views (pro military) on the subject. Maybe I will ask him to be in the audience for the good question.

Just because it is at the Gregg Centre doesn't mean it is sponsored by UNB.  From the sounds of it, it is an NDP event not necessarily a school event.  Anyone can book the Gregg Centre... so long as they pay for the facilities.

Back