• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UN is rotten to the core

evolutionrules said:
What I said was that USA screwed up in Iraq.  Do you think they did a good job?  Seriously.  No post war plan, "we'll be treated as liberators", bush didn't know the difference between the three ethnicities, etc. etc. etc.  The list goes on and on.
Put the blame where it lies.  The American's "coalition of the willing" has turned out to be more like a "motley crew of reluctants."  It's hard to successfully occupy a country when troops keep leaving.
You said..."If they did pull out, their action would be in line with what other anti-military liberals have been advocating for some time.  Their reluctance to fight and inability to stomach the harsh truths of warfare are the very things undermining the mission."

How is an anti-military liberal undermining the war?  How about incompetence in the bush administration?  How about ignoring General Zinni's call for 300,000 troops and then retiring him?  You want the harsh truth?  The soldiers could have won this war but the politicians lost it.  And I for one don't think it's salvageable. 
The liberals in the U.K. did a pretty good job at sinking their country's contribution. 
First you want the Americans to pull out, now you say they should have sent 300,000 more troops.  Why send them if the mission is unsalvageable, as you advocate?  Or could they salvage the mission if they were sent now?  One thing is for sure: no soldier wins a war by giving up his moral.
  I know what side I'm on.   Let's hope we keep making progress in the conflict we're in because we're in Afghanistan and not Iraq.  Or did you forget (which side you're on).  Ironically the ill fated adventure in Iraq may cost us dearly in Afghanistan. 
The missions are either related, or they're not.  It isn't ironic; a Canadian presence in Afghanistan frees up American troops for Iraq.  The Americans began the Afghanistan mission because they were attacked.  American success in Iraq would be good for Canada because of our economic, cultural, and even military ties.
As far as sides: go to Russia.
Oh yeah, I didn't defend the UN.
Then why are you on this thread?

I'm not your adversary.  All I've done is taken apart your arguments and made a rebuttal.  Your real adversaries in this argument, aside from the enemies we fight in Afghanistan and Iraq, live in France and Russia.  They make the same arguments you do, but if they get what they want, you'll be on the other side of a trade war.
Bush might do some stupid things, but he won't cut off your natural gas supply in the middle of winter, or push your agricultural sector off the world market with ridiculously high subsidies to his own.

Back