• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UABs upon returning from afghanistan

catalyst

Reaction score
So my UABs were submitted (for a lack of better word) on about the 4th of April.................and its June and I don't have them. I did leave in a RIP so was expecting them to take a while getting back. I gave my parents phone number, so I was hoping that maybe the message didnt get passed on to me............however I tried phoning the base CMTT (twice) but seem to have gotten disconnected, or else nobody picked upo the phone.

I'm just wondering if there's an average time for them to be sent back to Canada? And if those who left in April, have you got your "stuff" back.

Also if anyone knows the direct number for CFB Esquimalts' CMTT (if they have one) it would be appreciated.

You can try this number (250) 363-2000 and ask for the CMTT Section.

ArmySailor said:
So my UABs were submitted (for a lack of better word) on about the 4th of April.................and its June and I don't have them. I did leave in a RIP so was expecting them to take a while getting back. I gave my parents phone number, so I was hoping that maybe the message didnt get passed on to me............however I tried phoning the base CMTT (twice) but seem to have gotten disconnected, or else nobody picked upo the phone.

I'm just wondering if there's an average time for them to be sent back to Canada? And if those who left in April, have you got your "stuff" back.

Also if anyone knows the direct number for CFB Esquimalts' CMTT (if they have one) it would be appreciated.

There are troops who passed in their UAB in March and still haven't received them. Last I heard they were still in KAF, possibly on it's way to Trenton.

Remember, priority for kit is not UAB.

Regards

I feel lucky... I got my UAB on my half days when I was back in Canada, barely 2 weeks after I turned them in at KAF.

I just got mine last week and dropped them off at KAF the first week of April.  Given I'm just down the road from Trenton yours might well be somewhere between Trenton or Esquimalt, or are still waiting clearance from customs.

I'll just it and wait I guess :) Its not a big thing, although every once and a while I go looking for some item of clothing and remember its in my UABs. I didn't think much about packing (my fault oops)

I'll keep trying CMTT  - I keep getting disconnected, once I get my ID renewed I might take a gander over there (becuase parents are nutorious about not passing along messages).

Thanks for the responses :)

ArmySailor said:
... so I was hoping that maybe the message didnt get passed on to me...

I turned my UAB in about 20 Apr and just picked it up yesterday.  Found out that (here anyway) they don't call or email to say it's arrived, you have to keep checking.  Your area might be the same, so you should try to get ahold of them.  Mine has actually been here for over 2 weeks and I only knew it was in because I overheard from someone else.  I was getting ready to check on it soon anyway, but mistakenly assumed that I would be informed it was here.  Oh well, I've got it now.  Almost like Christmas, I'd forgotten all of the stuff I'd crammed into them!

airmich said:
I turned my UAB in about 20 Apr and just picked it up yesterday.  Found out that (here anyway) they don't call or email to say it's arrived, you have to keep checking.  Your area might be the same, so you should try to get ahold of them.  Mine has actually been here for over 2 weeks and I only knew it was in because I overheard from someone else.  I was getting ready to check on it soon anyway, but mistakenly assumed that I would be informed it was here.  Oh well, I've got it now.  Almost like Christmas, I'd forgotten all of the stuff I'd crammed into them!

Yeah, some of the guys stuff they shipped in March finally arrived 2 weeks ago on base. They picked them up immediately, seeing as some of them are posted and some of the items in the MOBs were required to be turned in prior to clearing base.

Regards

Armysailor

Do you have your TCN (Transportation Control Number) I can look it up, if not the # for CMTT in Esquimalt is 250-363-7196

As already stated UAB is low priority. Also, people try to bring things back that either do not belong in UAB or that is just plain illegal. Customs is very thorough with UAB lately and the amount of freight entering Trenton is quite high so that also may slow things down. As stated before, if you have the TCN then the items can be traced by anyone with access to NMDS. If you have a TCN (alpha numeric number that will look something like AP 9100 00 000) and the items are in Trenton then send me a PM and I can look into this personally.

The ZAP # usually will not give any feeback in NMDS. Of course if I had the info given via telephone (ZAP # and destination) I could keep my eye out for it. If you need my office number I can send it to you via PM. Let me know.

ExSpr said:
Armysailor

Do you have your TCN (Transportation Control Number) I can look it up, if not the # for CMTT in Esquimalt is 250-363-7196

I'm in comox right now playing army......so will have to look and see if I brought the paperwork. Standby :)

I'm trying to track down a members lost unaccompanied baggage,  can someone point me in the right direction?

He was on TaskForce 3-09 with 1MP Coy deployed September 09  to  Feb 10.  He was out of Edmonton (pretraining etc..)  but his home area is Ottawa. Came home a few months early for compassionate reasons.

Does anyone have any points of contact whom I could speak with to help this soldier out? I'm not sure if I should be looking out west in Edmonton or here in Ottawa region.

Thanks

Hey we have a whole thread dedicated to this, awesome. (I love army.ca)
Thanks Tango18a

No problem. I know that TF3-09 is still waiting for UAB. I guess Troops kit isn't quite a priority in Trenton.

Tango18A said:
No problem. I know that TF3-09 is still waiting for UAB. I guess Troops kit isn't quite a priority in Trenton.

As I have mentioned before. UAB is a low priority shipment but with people seding home prohibited items like switch blades, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, illegal suppliments and certain other substances in their UAB (not everyone but there are more than you think) CBSA has deemed it necessary to search each and every item of UAB. Also UAB is flown to Germany, then put on a ship to Montreal, sent in bond to YTR and only then does it get inspected. Take approximately 2500 personnel multiply it by 2 items UAB each and then you have 5000 pieces of UAB each roto to have inspected. Once inspected and cleared it is sorted by destination and sent out by CMTT at that point in a sea can or trailer. You have no clue what the priority freght is here in Trenton so as they always say on this site, maybe you should stay within your lanes. If people would stop sending illegal crap home in their UAB you would more than likely have received it by now.

TF3-09 returned to Canada in March. 4 months is getting to be excesive when Arid needs to be returned to clothing for reissue to the next group. And how do you clear clothing when theater kit is still in transit???

Tango18A said:
TF3-09 returned to Canada in March. 4 months is getting to be excesive when Arid needs to be returned to clothing for reissue to the next group. And how do you clear clothing when theater kit is still in transit???

As I said, if you arent in Trenton then you have no idea what the priority of shipments are. Four months is long but until people stop screwing around and stop trying to smuggle crap into this country it will coninue to take a long time to receive UAB. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff CBSA finds, each time they find something the have documentation to fill out before the UAB is cleared, they have found things that required the hangar to be evacuated due to safety before. On top of the UAB all mail returning to Canada is inspected piece by piece and X-Rayed and they find just as much interesting stuff in the mail too. The ones to blame here are the people trying to smuggle stuff, not Trenton.

Back