• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Types of word problems?

• Thread starter Thread starter venomcanuck
  • Start date Start date
V

venomcanuck

Does anyone know what kind of word problems they will be asking for on the CFAT?  It's pretty much the only type of question I am scared to death of.

If so, do you know how many word problems they will ask out of the 30?

I feel these are the toughest part of the test because it takes the longest to answer them.  Am I right?

Thanks.

We are not allowed to discuss the details of the CFAT with you.

Honestly, don't worry about the CFAT. Just make sure you are well rested and you do the best you can.

Good luck.

You won't be able to study for the words they'll be testing you. Unless you read the dictionary cover to cover. It's a measure of your vocabulary. Not only that you've seen the word before but also that you know what it means.

venomcanuck said:
Does anyone know what kind of word problems they will be asking for on the CFAT?  It's pretty much the only type of question I am scared to death of.

If so, do you know how many word problems they will ask out of the 30?

I feel these are the toughest part of the test because it takes the longest to answer them.  Am I right?

Thanks.

Look at the Preparing for the CFAT sheet included in your application package as it is a good example.  Good luck.

Hello,

I wasn't referring to the vocabulary, I was refering to the math word problems.  Are there word math problems such as finding out how many nickels and dimes are out of say $14.00 or something similar?

ZxExN said:
You won't be able to study for the words they'll be testing you. Unless you read the dictionary cover to cover. It's a measure of your vocabulary. Not only that you've seen the word before but also that you know what it means.

>:D

We are not allowed to discuss the details of the CFAT with you.

Honestly, don't worry about the CFAT. Just make sure you are well rested and you do the best you can.

Good luck.

Addition: See Kincanucks post above.

venomcanuck said:
Are there word math problems such as finding out how many nickels and dimes are out of say $14.00 or something similar?

You'll know how many nickels and dimes are in $14.00 once you get your first pay  ;D

(I'm sorry Mods, I just couldn't help it)

Well, I have to write it first thing in the morning so hopefully I have prepared enough. Just finishing work, going to work out then head home to bed! Want to make sure that I have lots of rest.

Considering your test is tomorrow, this won't be much help.
When I had to re-write my CFAT Aug '05 (AVOTP), I was given this book,
by the BPSO to help me in my preparation for the test.
These practice tests and many others can be found all over the internet.
So, if you have access to a PC and the internet (if you are here, you must have both), you should be good to go?

Back