• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TV Shows and Movies to kill the time in shed on deployment

Man_Bear_Pig

Inactive
Reaction score
Just getting ready the upcoming deployment to 'The Stan' and after buying and packing all the gear one thing is left to think about; "Down Time" dvds when your cleaning the rifle or laying down for the night with the rest of the guys in the connex. What are the must have videos to watch?

For myself here are a couple

Arrested Development
The Big Lebowski
It's Always Sunny Philadelphia
The God Father
Survivor Man

Hopefully people will add on to the list and give some ideas on what to see in the future

Take care MBP

I really enjoyed the Sopranos series, and that lasted 6 seasons. Should keep you busy a while.

A bunch of the guys in my platoon are into Dexter.

If you're stationed in KAF or CNS, the weekly bazaar sells bootleg DVDs including complete seasons and series.  I've even seen a few seasons that are either on air or upcoming for sale.  I can't promise as to the quality - I've seen some movies that are filmed in theatres with a camcorder and some that are pretty much DVD quality.

The Big Lebowski is a must.  Also get "True Romance".  Have patience with it.  It starts as a love story, but, never forget that Tarantino wrote the screen play.  That's all I'm saying ;D

Because I’m too lazy to type out my suggestions again, a similar thread on this subject:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=113077.html

In Baghdad it was quite common for the locals to push 'quality' counterfeit movies and series. All for cheap $. Movies were $2 to $3, and complete box sets of Seinfeld, MASH, The Unit, The Shield, and 'stars' such as Eastwood, Segal, Willlis, , and 007 etc were around $15. Plenty of hours of cheap entertainment to keep one busy during his own time.

I still have a box of these I brought back, and they all work fine.

OWDU

If you haven't seen it already, try the 24 series TV show, seasons 1-4 for a crse and couldn't stop watching them.

edit to add, I just saw for the first time "Man who would be King"  was pretty good I must say.

The Outer Limits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outer_Limits

This series hasn't aired for some time, but it is still worth while and one of my favourites.

Hmm here were the most popular from the guys I worked with

Dexter
Chuck
The Office
Rome
Supernatural
House

bring a 1tb hard drive with movies on it and then change movies with the other guys  ;D but thats just what I did  8)

NL_engineer said:
bring buy a 1tb hard drive with movies on it and then change movies with the other guys  ;D but thats just what I did  8)
There, fixed it for you ;D

Let's see.

Firefly (Only lasted a season, but still well worth it)
Smallville
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Flight of the Conchords
Star Trek (Original Series, Next Generation, and Deep Space Nine)

I've killed a lot of time on shift with Corner Gas... six seasons worth.

Peep Show - Hilarious british comedy. They are in process of filming the 6th season.

How I Met Your Mother

Ghostbusters 1 & 2

Zombieland (unsure if its released to dvd yet but its good)

Natural Born Killers (Not referring to Ice Cube here, but rather Woody Harrison)

as mention previously, The Wire is a must have as well.

I'm a big fan of Father Ted... if you're looking for a laugh at some really dumb priests from a fictional island in Ireland...

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/publisher:EvilSmurf06660

they're online but... maybe you can find them somewhere else ;)  and could find a way to bring them with you...

It's good humour for those days where you need a chuckle and don't want to use your brain.

armychick2009 said:
I'm a big fan of Father Ted... if you're looking for a laugh at some really dumb priests from a fictional island in Ireland...

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/publisher:EvilSmurf06660

they're online but... maybe you can find them somewhere else ;)  and could find a way to bring them with you...

It's good humour for those days where you need a chuckle and don't want to use your brain.

I have heard of this series I shall have to check out

Take care, MBP

Back