• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trust in our Institutions

Has your trust in our institutions changed?

• Total voters
Meanwhile, survey says …
That includes 6/10 Team Blue supporters responding …
View attachment 86123
Interesting. I wouldn’t have thought so many CPC supporters would say that.

Canadians are dumb. They'd give PP and his policies a majority government every time if he ran as the Liberal leader.
His policies wouldn’t make him part of the Liberal Party, let alone the leader.

We’re not like the US (yet), where a cactus would be voted in if they’re representing the right (to them) party.

Ar
Interesting. I wouldn’t have thought so many CPC supporters would say that.
Not all supportive of the CPC are so polarized that they can’t see beyond their team colour.
His policies wouldn’t make him part of the Liberal Party, let alone the leader.
lol. Absolutely.
We’re not like the US (yet), where a cactus would be voted in if they’re representing the right (to them) party.
Not yet. But there are some that will always vote one way regardless of who or what they propose. The funny thing is too they will defend and criticize the same policies depending on who proposes them.

Not all supportive of the CPC are so polarized that they can’t see beyond their team colour.

Oh absolutely. But 6/10 is majority, so that should be some sort of signal to the CPC leadership that their supporters want it to happen.

I wasn't aware Tom Mulcair was "so polarized" as a CPC supporter he couldn't see past his team colour...

It is possible for people to think PP is making a smart call, and not be blind partisans.
That comment was in response to my comment about 6 of 10 CPC supporters wanting all party leaders to get the security clearances and read the reports.

That comment was in response to my comment about 6 of 10 CPC supporters wanting all party leaders to get the security clearances and read the reports.
I'm aware, and I pointed out that it's not necessarily about being "polarized" and more about javing different opinions regarding political strategy, without directly stating it.

I'm aware, and I pointed out that it's not necessarily about being "polarized" and more about javing different opinions regarding political strategy, without directly stating it.
Sure.

But the question in the survey wasn’t about their thoughts on political strategy or whether PP is making the right political call or not. It is probable that of the 6 out 10, many might also agree he’s playing a good political strategic game but that now might no longer be the time for that sort of thing.

The advantage PP has in being able to go weapons free politically has to be weighed against the risk of being seen to put political advantage ahead of ensuring transparent integrity of his caucus, internal processes & democracy - especially as the potentially next PM.

So far, the overall pluses seem to be outweighing the minuses, but time will tell.

Back