• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Fair enough but I question why the timing would be necessary to be in line with the US. They are at their set deadline and so will we next year.
It’s not necessary. I think the CPC have some (valid) concerns that a Trump victory in November followed by nine months of him in power may have a bit of a drag effect on support for the CPC in Canada. CPC support is probably at or very close to its peak right now, and sustaining such a peak is difficult. With more than a year to go before our own election, they’re probably cognizant that the margin, while still likely to strongly favour CPC, probably won’t be quite a dismal for the LPC as it is now. Worst case they may fear being held to a minority government.

Canadian elections this fall are very much not a need, but they probably are very much a want for team blue. I have no reason to believe they’ll get what they want though, as both LPC and NDP currently stand to get blown out of the water, and both would desperately like to see CPC miss a majority.

It’s not necessary. I think the CPC have some (valid) concerns that a Trump victory in November followed by nine months of him in power may have a bit of a drag effect on support for the CPC in Canada. CPC support is probably at or very close to its peak right now, and sustaining such a peak is difficult. With more than a year to go before our own election, they’re probably cognizant that the margin, while still likely to strongly favour CPC, probably won’t be quite a dismal for the LPC as it is now. Worst case they may fear being held to a minority government.

Canadian elections this fall are very much not a need, but they probably are very much a want for team blue. I have no reason to believe they’ll get what they want though, as both LPC and NDP currently stand to get blown out of the water, and both would desperately like to see CPC miss a majority.
Exactly.

The only reason to have an election for some is due to current polling and mood. I understand that perfectly. I would be lying if I said I did not think that change is needed (I may however differ on how that change comes about or what that looks like).

I suspect you are correct that 9 months of Trump may be as much of a factor at that time as much as four years of Biden might be at this time.

I suspect you are correct that 9 months of Trump may be as much of a factor at that time as much as four years of Biden might be at this time.

And to be clear, I’m not taking a position on how valid or justified that might be; just that it likely will be a factor should Trump win, and probably not one that plays to the CPC’s advantage. Though they have such a commanding lead that whatever difference that would make probably wouldn’t matter much.

And to be clear, I’m not taking a position on how valid or justified that might be; just that it likely will be a factor should Trump win, and probably not one that plays to the CPC’s advantage. Though they have such a commanding lead that whatever difference that would make probably wouldn’t matter much.
Absolutely. Trudeau wants nothing more than to run against Trump in the 2025 election. He's put some effort into planting shit seeds e.g "Poilievre wants to make Canada great again".

Suck it, Pierre!

Here is an article discussing why our economy is the fastest growing. It’s not for good reasons.

Back