• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Are you meaning this?

It's been a while since I did my post secondary- but I have a lot of trouble believing that was the only bursary/scholarship available to her.
wrong province but that is the idea. What happens is everyone else queue's up for the remaining handouts, many of which are dependent upon family income regardless of whether the student is over 18 or not. Most are based upon need and that is what they were intended for. We had to budget a bit but had no problem underwriting her studies, especially since she worked and covered a lot of it. It is blatant discrimination and shouldn't exist.

If I'm stuck in a burning building, having a heart attack on the street or being accosted in a bar, I want the most qualified person,, hired on merit alone to attend to me.
I don't care what colour or ethnicity they are, but I want the person that was hired above everyone else, based on how they perform, not how they look.
DEI is a farce that will do nothing but degrade the service that company provides. If a non white wants the job, they should compete like everyone else.
I agree if it’s an emergency service, etc role.

Not so if in a service role. If I was a new Canadian who doesn’t have a huge grasp of English or French and I go into a bank, it’d be nice if there was someone who spoke my language to interact with.

I agree if it’s an emergency service, etc role.

Not so if in a service role. If I was a new Canadian who doesn’t have a huge grasp of English or French and I go into a bank, it’d be nice if there was someone who spoke my language to interact with.
But that is a measure of job performance/qualification. A business that has a sufficient number of customers that speak a particular language would be smart to hire some employees that are fluent in that language.

I don't think that anyone here is suggesting that if TD Bank is hiring a new personal finance advisor for a branch in Markham, ON where there is a large Mandarin-speaking population that fluency in Mandarin could/should not be one of the requirements for the position (along with the other skills required).

However, that's not the same as saying across the board that x% of your new hires in any location must check certain demographic boxes.

wrong province but that is the idea. What happens is everyone else queue's up for the remaining handouts, many of which are dependent upon family income regardless of whether the student is over 18 or not. Most are based upon need and that is what they were intended for. We had to budget a bit but had no problem underwriting her studies, especially since she worked and covered a lot of it.
The claim was that the only bursary available was indigenous only- which was bullshit.

I appreciate the comparison of PP to Superman. A bit surprised it came from you though... ;)

The current Canadian consul general in New York City is Tom Clark, who was a longtime broadcast journalist at CTV News and Global. He was named to the post in February 2023.

Diane Francis: Lavish condo purchased for consul general in New York epitomizes Trudeau's profligacy​

Although the apartment isn't meant for the King, it’s fit for a king

Author of the article: Diane Francis Published Jul 15, 2024 •

Last week was a busy one for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Leaks undermining his finance minister surfaced, as did reports that he was courting former Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney. But the biggest splash was in the New York Post, which reported that Canada quietly spent US$6.63 million (C$9 million) to buy a lavish condo overlooking Central Park on Billionaires’ Row in Manhattan, which we later learned is meant to house our consul general, former broadcaster Tom Clark.

Although the apartment isn’t meant for the King, it’s fit for a king. It’s sheer extravagance is annoying, given the state of Canada’s economy thanks to nearly nine years of Trudeau’s spendthrift and irresponsible government.

The condo is 3,601 square feet with access to a pool and other amenities. The carrying costs are eye-popping, too: a comparable apartment in the building costs US$10,064 a month in taxes and US$9,594 in monthly common charges, or US$235,896 per year.

Here’s the New York Post’s a description of the place: “Spanning more than 3,600 square feet, the apartment features an elegant foyer with stone floors and a powder room. That then opens into a spacious living room with an adjacent dining room.

“The separate kitchen is equipped with a wet bar, Cristallo Gold quartzite countertops, custom hand-crafted cabinetry and a full suite of Gaggenau appliances.

“A study next to the foyer includes an ensuite bathroom.

“The primary corner bedroom boasts an expansive walk-in closet and a windowed bathroom adorned in Italian white Venato marble, a free-standing copper soaking tub and custom bronze fixtures. The two additional bedrooms each come with ensuite bathrooms.

“Building amenities are nothing short of luxurious, featuring an 82-foot two-lane swimming pool with private cabanas, separate sauna and treatment rooms, a double-height fitness centre with a mezzanine terrace, a private dining room with a chef’s catering kitchen and a residents’ lounge with a sprawling terrace.”

Back home in Canada, Trudeau’s irrational immigration policy has made housing unaffordable for the middle class in cities like Toronto and Vancouver. The demographic flood has also placed a burden on health-care systems, making access to family physicians more difficult than ever. And taxes are now obscene, even though the military is falling apart.

This insensitive, unnecessary profligacy characterizes the Trudeau era. He and his gang have thrown financial discipline to the wind, followed woke causes without justification and rewarded loyalists with undeserving patronage appointments.

Justin Trudeau is the Imelda Marcos of democratic leaders. He owes Canadians an apology and a resignation.

2. no funding was available for other than indigenous. The university wanted to be seen as being woke I suppose.
Or it was acting altruistically in accordance with the rules set by the leadership of the University. Which is their right.

"Woke" is a complete intellectual, ethical, and perhaps moral cop out and says more about the person saying that than the policies that invoked that response.

But it sure is useful to kick start a rant

The claim was that the only bursary available was indigenous only- which was bullshit.
Not at all, the claim was that there were heritage constraints on certain bursaries that limited their availability to a select few based upon race. That is discriminatory. Look up any college or university and examine the criteria. The purpose of bursaries is to assist students who can't otherwise afford the education or to encourage post-graduates to continue their studies. Both are worthwhile objectives. The inclusion of race requirements is systemic racism, full stop. Potentially, if the funding was needs based plus origin you could make a valid argument but not otherwise. For example, establishing a bursary that underwrites a student from a Kenyan orphanage who has shown aptitude in math or sciences but to have it listed that the bursary is for any (fill in the blank) specific race is flat out wrong. And yes, I did write that the available bursaries to her for her particular course at the time she applied was limited and that was correct.

I appreciate the comparison of PP to Superman. A bit surprised it came from you though... ;)
I actually compared him to Clark Kent though. But same thing I admit.

But most people would recognize superman

I will have to see that methodology they used on that survey…

I'm a white, mid-50s male attending a post secondary institution taking art and design.
I got around $8000 in grants and scholarships last year.
What is you kid doing wrong?

I'm a white, mid-50s male attending a post secondary institution taking art and design.
I got around $8000 in grants and scholarships last year.
What is you kid doing wrong?

Were you able to leverage veterans benefits for that?

Back