• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Troy

I‘m sure I‘ll think of one later, but can anyone think of a really good book to movie adaptation off the top of their heads?
My wife and I liked "The Passion of Christ", although people are still arguing whether it was a good adaptation or not....

I‘m sure I‘ll think of one later, but can anyone think of a really good book to movie adaptation off the top of their heads?
Band of Brothers.

Passion of Christ was good i geuss, but chronologically, it wasnt correct. the violence and cruelty portrayed made the movie for me..

I think that the movie was poor.

1, The music was so so.

2, The script was just bad, and many of the line were out of place.

3, They took an anti war stance through out the movie that got on my nerves. This is a story of one of the greatest battles of all time don‘t reck it.

4, They left out a few major points...ie the battle took 10 years. Helen‘s relationship with Menelaus. Patroclus death.

The only good thing I can say about this movie, is it looked pretty :)

Well I‘m not really into the whole war movie theme, but I liked this one.

lol hold up, theres a Starship Troopers movie? And there‘s a second book? the first one was definately in my top ten favorite novels.

As for Troy, it was ok. Shrek 2 however, was insanely funny. It must have had hundreds of Allusions.

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb]
Band of Brothers. [/qb]
I can‘t think of a single other theatrical project even in the same league as Band of Brothers.

Another excellent book to screen adaptation was the Green Mile... accurate almost to the last detail (with the exclusion of a few minor characters for pacing).

As for Troy, they could have farely easily made a realistic movie with a 10 year siege through a single time lapse shot. It‘s a simple enough device and is used in films all the time. As for Achilles‘ love interest, they probably thought that the character needed to be softened down a bit; show that he would show mercy to his enemies, and yet at the same time, not show mercy to his enemies (Hector). If you went to the movie looking for an accurate depiction of the legend, or something that was even remotely historically accurate, then you will no doubt be as disappointed as I was.

As far as just being a movie, it wasn‘t bad. Lots of action, minimal plot or character development, but enough momentum to keep it interesting. However, I had a really hard time believing that a city of thousands would be willing to wage a war over a couple who are about as vacuous as Ken and Barbie... seemed more like an adolescent crush rather than true love.

Oh, and Helen of Troy was NOT a blonde!

How about Black hawk down? I never read the book but I heard it was a decent adaptation.

Has anyone seen the trailor yet for "Alexander the Great", it looks like such a "Troy" rip off. I wish production studios didnt try to compeate like they do by making similar movies at the same time to ride the wave of success with a certain gendre. ie- like "volcano" and "dante‘s peak" in the mid nineties, both ended up sucking yet they put it out to compeate against each other.

Isn‘t Colin Farrel playing Alexander the Great?

Something strange about a crazy Irish bloke, playing a greek general in a movie made in California.

Originally posted by Che:
[qb] Isn‘t Colin Farrel playing Alexander the Great?

Something strange about a crazy Irish bloke, playing a greek general in a movie made in California. [/qb]
lol

And to link it to another thread...Wasn‘t Alexander the Great gay?

Originally posted by Che:
[qb] I‘m sure I‘ll think of one later, but can anyone think of a really good book to movie adaptation off the top of their heads? [/qb]
"A Bridge Too Far" By Cornelius Ryan was very good and (I believe) true to the book.

Back