• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transition Group (Previously JPSU and DCSM)

ArmyVern said:
At the behest of the government; the Army rejected pips and crowns last year.

Perhaps the politicians can ante up some gonads and start looking after the troops instead of merely talking about doing such.

I have shared the article where Barry is quoted on CrackBook encouraging everyone to contact their MPs.

Well if we learned anything from the NVC court case its that the government doesn't owe the injured/ill anything than what they already get. If people don't like that we can elect a new government. Sounds like its going to be the same for JPSU units. If the government can diminish VAC frontline staff and offices and force vets to access help by phone and online why not  do the same with our current members? I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. I know we are one big family and we need to make sure that our brothers and sisters are looked after properly. When the system fails us then we still have each other to depend on and help each other out. Military members will always continue to look out for each other just as Barry and others are and in the long run thats what will help create change.

Teager said:
Military members will always continue to look out for each other just as Barry and others are and in the long run thats what will help create change.

"With so many of us, let's use our old mess dues to support those who need support, or to raise funds.", isn't that how most of the non-VAC, Non-Government, Non-public support traditionally come from?

ArmyVern said:
At the behest of the government; the Army rejected pips and crowns last year.

Perhaps the politicians can ante up some gonads and start looking after the troops instead of merely talking about doing such.

Maybe the Army should find some Gonads and demand the Government to care for their troops, with the same vigor they did on denying pips and crowns.....

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Maybe the Army should find some Gonads and demand the Government to care for their troops, with the same vigor they did on denying pips and crowns.....

dileas

tess

Think I found where they went.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/111602.0.html

>:D

Jim Seggie said:
I have shared the article where Barry is quoted on CrackBook encouraging everyone to contact their MPs.

Done!  :salute:

George Wallace said:
Think I found where they went.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/111602.0.html

>:D
Never thought the post would come in THIS handy!  ;D

the 48th regulator said:
.... and since the politicians were the only folks wanting to take credit in 2009 for setting the system up (note no quote from anybody in uniform in the news release), maybe the Ministers of National Defence and Veterans Affairs should strap on a pair, too.

Jim Seggie said:
I know Barry. He's a good man.

Essentially, what is said is true. The JPSU was started with the best of intentions, however some people never really bought into it.
In some instances the JPSU was seen as a dumping ground for undesirable troops who had histories of disciplinary or administrative problems.
It took over six months for a CANFORGEN to be published on how to post a troop to the JPSU, where it should have taken about a week, thanks to the various levels of bureaucracies that had to agree and and their  :2c:.

I am sure there are a few more horror stories.

QFTT!

It's a new one for me as well, but seeing that I am basically a salaried acronym translator...I'm going to guess:

"Quoted For The Truth"

and an internet search confirms my theory.

cheers

milnews.ca said:
.... since the politicians were the only folks wanting to take credit in 2009 for setting the system up (note no quote from anybody in uniform in the news release), maybe the Ministers of National Defence and Veterans Affairs should strap on a pair, too.
The politicians take the credit, and are happy to "let" the uniformed staff step up if there's a problem - this letter to the editor, signed by the CDS:
.... Caring for our members and their families is a personal priority, and I take it extremely seriously. More specifically, the CAF leadership team is passionate about ensuring that our personnel who have sacrificed in service to their country receive quality care and support.

The CAF took a tremendous step forward in providing this support when it opened our JPSU in 2009. These JPSUs aim to ensure our ill and injured personnel have proper medical care and leadership, and that support is available and tailored to their needs. While our system continually seeks to improve, it is important to note that success depends largely on an injured member’s commitment and active participation in their recovery.

In recognition of strong Government of Canada and CAF support, the current JPSU budget of $19 million and staff of 350 is being sheltered from reductions despite tightening in other areas.

Currently the JPSU system supports 5400 ill and injured members along with their families. The results have been impressive. From January 2011 to June 2013, 3000 personnel recovered sufficiently to join the Return to Work program, a third of whom returned to full service, with the remainder receiving care, rehabilitation, or support transitioning to civilian life.

Nevertheless, as the Citizen article illustrated, challenges remain. We recognize that the number of members suffering from operational stress injuries will likely continue to increase in the short term. With this in mind, we are working hard to fill vacant public service and military positions to ensure that we have a qualified and experienced professional team in place for our members to depend on.

While we acknowledge that we have not yet reached the optimum solution set, we are striving to fill the gaps to ensure that no one gets left behind on their road to recovery. Providing appropriate resources for this vital support network remains my continuing priority.

Anything is better than that godawful SPHL system that was around once upon a time, where units couldn't wait to remove the infected flesh and cauterize the wound before it spread.  It truly was like an episode of the walking dead, guys drugged to the eyeballs, stacked up like chord wood in a waiting room the size of a wheelchair accessible restroom stall, and made to come in the base hospital via the back door.

Good to see even an initial look, although the bit in yellow could allow the government to get off the hook if there's not problems with most or all JPSU IPSC's ("isolated incidents" and all that).
Canada’s military ombudsman has launched a probe into the national network of support units created almost five years ago to help mentally and physically injured troops.

The probe comes less than a month after the Ottawa Citizen reported that the network of 24 support platoons have deteriorated due to overcrowding, chronic staff shortages, staff burnout and the filling of key positions with unqualified personnel, many of whom are on the eve of retirement.

Ombudsman Pierre Daigle decided to launch a review following the Citizen’s coverage and a specific complaint sent to his office, spokesman Jamie Robertson told the Citizen Monday.

Investigators plan to contact all the units and if they find a pattern of systemic failure, could launch a full-fledged investigation, said Robertson.

“We will be trying to find from the people who work there what is happening on the ground,” said Robertson. “We want to get good information from all levels.” ....
Ottawa Citizen, 26 Aug 13

- corrected based on new info from Ombudsman's office -

My experience with a certain JPSU/IPSC was less than "supportive. Even my Wing Social Worker could not believe the way some were treated at the Unit. I personally think some at that Unit forgot they were dealing with members who are sick and injured both physically and mentally.

I realize we were still in uniform but were nowheres near accomodating to each members particular issues.
Totally frigged up my Depart with "Dignity" and I use that term loosely. Was considering contacting the WCWO after I was officially out, to see about my flag I was entitled to (after 27+ yrs) but that was the last item on DWD and was not up to facing these IPSC folks again. Eventually got my flag, which was co-incidentally flown on the wrong date and the Sgt i/c admitted he had "dropped the ball" with me and thought I already had the flag.  :facepalm:

note: I dealt with 2 different JPSU/IPSC Units and one was certainly no better than the other.

*rant off*

krustyrl said:
My experience with a certain JPSU/IPSC was less than "supportive. Even my Wing Social Worker could not believe the way some were treated at the Unit. I personally think some at that Unit forgot they were dealing with members who are sick and injured both physically and mentally.

I realize we were still in uniform but were nowheres near accomodating to each members particular issues.
Totally frigged up my Depart with "Dignity" and I use that term loosely. Was considering contacting the WCWO after I was officially out, to see about my flag I was entitled to (after 27+ yrs) but that was the last item on DWD and was not up to facing these IPSC folks again. Eventually got my flag, which was co-incidentally flown on the wrong date and the Sgt i/c admitted he had "dropped the ball" with me and thought I already had the flag.  :facepalm:

note: I dealt with 2 different JPSU/IPSC Units and one was certainly no better than the other.

*rant off*

Which ones were they? PM me please.......

From the CF/DND Ombudsman's Twitter feed:
The Ombudsman has launched a review of the 34 Integrated Personnel Support Centres located across the country; report in Oct.

Notre Bureau examinera létat de chacun des 34 centres intégrés de soutien du personnel à l'échelle du pays.Rapport au début de l'automne.

:goodpost:

Good, I have my own opinion on a select couple of "Support" Centres.  I'm curious on the report.

krustyrl said:
:goodpost:

Good, I have my own opinion on a select couple of "Support" Centres.  I'm curious on the report.

You should ensure the Ombudsman has your opinion for his investigation.

It does no one any good if you don't voice it in the proper forum.

Thanks for the prompt Recceguy, I will certainly do that.  Would it be the VA Ombudsman or the DND one.?

Back