• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

training groups for PT

FITSUMO

Inactive
Reaction score
There are a lot of people on this forum, and most people that are on this forum have fitness goals, be it trying to pass the PT test to get in, training for BMQ, or just for the job.  I am surprised that there are no training groups set up.  Everyone can have something to offer, even if it is just moral support.  So anyone that is in the Ottawa area, who wants to train, lets get it going. 
Some of the ideas that I have are things like trail running, track running, general PT( like the navy seal workout(stew smith)), swimming, biking whatever no limits.  I have also been doing kickboxing, Kali and muay thai( although far from a expert) for over a decade and I am always trying to learn from new people..  Just popping a question out, let me know what you think.
The group could apply to anyone( friends, family, significant others)

respect
FITSUMO.

BRR

this sounds like an excellent idea.  Especially for running groups.

a note of caution here, troops: In every group, whoever pushes himself forward to be lead dog, don't get stupid! By this I mean, ensure that you research your planned workout. No exercises that could cause injury. No torturing the weaker members to amuse the stronger ones. Your goal is to build everyone up. If no-one in the group has any extensive PT experience find someone who does to provide guidance and direction. If your PT SME is a moron, dump him and someone competent to provide guidance and direction. Common sense must prevail, or you will have injuries, or members will simply become discouraged, and the CF will lose potential soldiers.

I know it seems pedantic, but these reminders are necessary. "No pain, no gain" is a catchy slogan, but it often leads to "Much pain, holy crap I'm paralyzed!"

Good luck with this, I think it's a great idea. Actually, I think it's a Tony-the-Tiger-Grrrrreat!-Idea. Especially for those who haven't gotten in yet. Not only will it help you wannabe's to achieve your fitness goals, it will also help prepare you for the sort of group dynamics you will face once you commence your training.

Paracowboy, well said, the training would have a simple rule, leave alpha tag at home, come to train and have fun.  For those that are trying to get in, I have the step test tape and I made a step that is the correct measurements( I know, I know I need help).  As when I do group runs with people at civvie work, there are different types of runners and different paces, so people need to keep that in mind, 1 training program does not fit all.  Slow and steady increases keeps people healthy.

respect
FITSUMO

Back