• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tpr. Mark Andrew Wilson - RCD - 07 Oct 06

dynaglide

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061007/soldier_killed_061007/20061007?hub=TopStories

RIP to whoever it was, and again, I fear that we have lost one of our own.  Irrespective of whereever this soldier came from, RIP

:salute:

The families and wives back home have now come to learn that when we see NATO, it more than likely comes to mean Canadian.  I pray I am wrong, and I pray for the family of the fallen soldier.

:salute: :cdn:

+1 Ladybug

:salute: to the fallen, condolences to family, colleagues and friends

ladybugmabj said:
The families and wives back home have now come to learn that when we see NATO, it more than likely comes to mean Canadian.  I pray I am wrong, and I pray for the family of the fallen soldier.

:salute: :cdn:

I look more to the district that the NATO soldier was killed in.  The most recent NATO death is from an area that is predominately patroled by Canadians.

It is Canadian. Just saw it on CTV. RIP soldier, you done us well.  :salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/09/19/1862681-cp.html

Update Now reporting it is a Canadian Soldier.

What an ordeal! Seems like we no sooner get one plane with caskets home, the whole damn process it repeated. Kabul scared the living crap out of me at times(and my contact with the city was limited)  I just can not imagine what these soldiers are going through on a daily basis. RIP.

CTV link with some detail..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061007/soldier_killed_061007/20061007?hub=TopStories

Initial indications are that the vehicles involved were Nyalas.

RIP

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead.
Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

May you rest in peace :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

BinyonForTheFallen.jpg

It is becoming far to common now.

Stand Easy Soilder, Mission Over.

:salute:  :cdn:

Short note to On Guard for Thee -- Pls be careful about what you say in here.  Discussing what happened and who/what was involved beyond what has been released to the press could well endanger our deployed soldiers.

Another sad day.  Give his family and his unit strength.   :salute:  

To committed,

Ack WRT putting too much info on this site, but what I stated was contained in the open-source article that I was referring to.

Enough of that. Back to what this thread should be about.

Our Fallen Comrade.

RIP, and my condolences to family, friends and colleagues.

edited for typographical error

:salute:
Rest in Peace Brother. My condolences go out to the family of our fallen comrade. :salute:
:cdn:

Back