• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto tests response to terrorist attacks

James said:
My question is this: once the police and FD find evidence of the bomb (if a bomb is used), would they share that information with DND, even if there aren't any troops there?

Why would they?  If there are no "Troops" on the ground, there wouldn't be a need to share immediately.

Any joint opperation is supposed to have information flowing evenly.  So if Troops were on the ground for terrorist bombs, don't you think "this is what we found, look out for same" would apply?

There might be some closed door sessions that pass info back and forth.

P.S. the police are the only ones that deal with "Bombs" in civi land.
You might be mistaken with the FD, because they are always around for the Camera and don't have hush orders like the rest of us.

would they share that information with DND, even if there aren't any troops there?

This is finely coming to the line of continuing into the "what if" territory ;D (and you don't what to be that guy in the class)

As with any critical incident all the neccessary avenues would be explored.  If a law enforcement agency found their investigation leading towards the need to involve federal level authorities they would be included.  Be safe in knowing that if it was a national security matter all the stakeholders would be talking to one another. 

Now are you wondering if a Cpl in a Reserve unit would be in the DND loop like an episode of E-ring or 24??.. um ah No..

PIKER said:
...   Be safe in knowing that if it was a national security matter all the stakeholders would be talking to one another.  

Now are you wondering if a Cpl in a Reserve unit would be in the DND loop like an episode of E-ring or 24??.. um ah No..

(chuckle) - the only thing that could have improved upon your post would have been to mention "... an episode of JAG ..." (LOL) - the other exception being ... when reservists are police officers on civvie street (!)

Bloggins also made a very, very good post - good on you!  (although, I'm thinking we need to underline and bold "limited CSS")

On a normal/ongoing basis, information is passed within police circles - municipal/regional police will share with provincial/federal levels, and then the RCMP has input into a larger loop up in Ottawa - that's where Other Government Departments (OGD) get informed, as appropriate/necessary (including DND).

As an aside, civilian police forces also have some interface on a daily/lower level, when it comes to Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) - however, that's largely mundane (i.e. you'll never see it on E-ring, 24 or JAG).

Thanks for answering my question guys.

And I've never been much of a fan of 24... I find it's way too pro-American. E-Ring is decent, though... aside from Denis Hopper's horrible acting.  ;D

Back