• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigs Pig said:
My beef with provincial / federal elections, you do not actually vote for the Premier / PM. So you may like the one in your riding, but not the one that would lead....
Whereas civic elections, there the leader is voted upon.

ME

At the municipal level in most cases (but not all) you vote for the man or woman. In Ford's case that's who the electorate chose.

Another example of the increasingly worrying trend of those dissatisfied with the results of an election attempting to overturn said result through the courts.

The schemes of garden variety "idiots" don't usually do too much damage when the schemes go wrong.  The schemes of "intellectuals" and "elites" fuck up spectacularly because those people spend too much time blowing sunshine up each others' asses and start to believe their own narcissistic preening.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/713015/chief-bill-blair-could-say-more-about-rob-fords-involvement-in-project-traveller-experts/

Prosecution should be happy with Blair's refusal "to say more". Not only that everyone should be presumed innocent until proven guilty but the fact that it would be a great embarrassment for the the commies in prosecutor's office if the PRESCRIPTION PERIOD applies which means that a criminal offense can be rendered null and void if no lawsuit was brought within the period applied. Morons.

:facepalm:

RobFordvideogame.jpg

link

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets own video game inspired by scandals

Are you the last person on Earth who isn’t sick of hearing about Rob Ford yet? It looks like there may be a few more people who still get a kick out of the mayor’s antics, and they’ve created a video game.

While it doesn’t name the embattled Toronto Mayor specifically in the game's description, the mayor in question certainly does bear a certain passing resemblance to The Big Smoke’s RoFo.

Uh oh. Looks like the Mayor’s in a buttload of friggin’ trouble with that alleged video of him smoking crack! And who knows if it even exists, amiright? But juuust in case, why don’t you help him collect a heap of cash to buy it before The Gawker does. Only your twinkle toes can out-maneuver the Blood Thirsty Media to help him collect more than they did in that damn “Crackstarter” campaign. $201,255 to be exact. And hey, everyone needs a little boost now and then, so make sure you collect power up buckets of deep-fried courage for more footballs to throw at life’s problems... but make sure you avoid those pesky crackpipes!

Extra! Extra! Games, the developer behind Stay Mayor, has tackled other topical Toronto issues before, previously lampooning the Ikea monkey media circus with an online game. Unlike the Ikea Monkey game, however, you can’t play Stay Mayor online. You’ll have to download it from the Google Play store.

In an interview with Metro News, developers Ben McEvoy and Barnabas Wornoff (both based in Toronto) say that Ford is a perfect target for a little comedy.

"He’s kind of obvious when it comes to a game," McEvoy said. "You always find that one politician that plays well into making a funny joke and sometimes games can be funny too."

If you want to see if you can survive the flurry of reporters, crack pipes, and make it to football practice on time, you can get the free game here from the Google Play store for your Android device.

Noted hotbed of left-wing journalism the Toronto Sun is reporting that a convicted drug dealer broke into the Mayor's house and demanded the mayor pay him money he was owed.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/09/why-a-convicted-drug-dealer-burst-into-rob-fords-home-demanding-money

dapaterson said:
Noted hotbed of left-wing journalism the Toronto Sun is reporting that a convicted drug dealer broke into the Mayor's house and demanded the mayor pay him money he was owed.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/09/why-a-convicted-drug-dealer-burst-into-rob-fords-home-demanding-money

The Sun left wing??? ummmmmm I don't think so.

"Crown attorney Lorraine Cavion said MacIntyre’s leg was broken on March 22, 2012 by another inmate."

More Ford good karma?

link here http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/08/16/rob-ford-hazel-mccallion-fishing_n_3767711.html?utm_hp_ref=canada#slide=2811169

I normally can stand the guy's style, but lately he's being held more to account than  probably any politician in  the world.

Nice to see him get some good press.

...but lately he's being held more to account than probably any politician in  the world...

Maybe. But at some point he needs to stop playing the victim and saying everyone is just attacking him for the hell of it. He brings it on himself, puts himself in precarious positions repeatedly, consistently responds inappropriately to media inquiries, and practically begs for negative press. I think the media simply expects him to make a fool of himself these days...

But yes, nice to see a positive report for a change.

Kilo_302 said:
http://gawker.com/5978975/the-best-of-torontos-insane-terrible-mayor-rob-ford-an-introduction-for-americans

This isn't a right and left issue, the guy is an idiot and should not be mayor of any city, never mind the biggest city in Canada. It's an embarrassment. This whole revolt against "intellectuals" and "elitists" has to stop. I WANT my politicians to be smart guys. Toronto is facing complex issues and it takes a nuanced approach to be successful. Not knee jerk policies based on what Rob Ford thinks will resonate with the "average" person. It's time for a return to effects-based policy, without window dressing from the right OR the left.

Hear, hear! Since the original post on this thread, this man has stumbled vacantly from one clown-act to the next. Despite what seems to be all sorts of well-meant advice and 50-pound cast-iron hints,  the Mayor apparently believes that Town Jester is part of his job description.  Even Mel Lastman was never like this.

The latest and silliest bit of "bread and circuses" has to be this farcical stunt with Hulk Hogan. Puh-leeeze! ::)

To me, the leader of our nation's biggest city needs to be an intelligent, wordly-wise, capable and dignified leader who commands respect at home and abroad (Toronto is a "world-class" city, right...?), not an overgrown 19 year old at a tailgate party.

We get who we vote for.

pbi said:
Hear, hear! Since the original post on this thread, this man has stumbled vacantly from one clown-act to the next. Despite what seems to be all sorts of well-meant advice and 50-pound cast-iron hints,  the Mayor apparently believes that Town Jester is part of his job description.  Even Mel Lastman was never like this.

The latest and silliest bit of "bread and circuses" has to be this farcical stunt with Hulk Hogan. Puh-leeeze! ::)

To me, the leader of our nation's biggest city needs to be an intelligent, wordly-wise, capable and dignified leader who commands respect at home and abroad (Toronto is a "world-class" city, right...?), not an overgrown 19 year old at a tailgate party.

We get who we vote for.

.....and enough voted for him to be elected.

And there's a good chance if an election were held tomorrow, he'd be elected again.

Speaking of useless, the guy he replaced was no gem either.

recceguy said:
Speaking of useless, the guy he replaced was no gem either.

Yes-very true. Ford's election is, IMHO, the result of a violent reaction. (Kind of like a rebound romance...)

As usual, I suspect that lots of people didn't vote "for" somebody: they voted "against" Miller who was seen as being too out of touch.

That said, I'm not impressed by this current buffoon act.

How is the mayor of Toronto like the leader of the federal Liberal party?

Rob Ford on pot: "Oh yeah, I won't deny that. I've smoked a lot of it."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/08/28/toronto-rob-ford-admits-smoking-marijuana.html

And it would seem he has.  Press conference today, Blair indicates they have a video that is consistant with the media reports of him doing crack cocaine.  I believe this will be the end for him...

Crantor said:
And it would seem he has.  Press conference today, Blair indicates they have a video that is consistant with the media reports of him doing crack cocaine.  I believe this will be the end for him...

How about a link, a transcript or anything else so people can make their own assumptions without relying on your, over the top, innuendo.

Rob Ford video showing alleged crack use in police hands

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-video-showing-alleged-crack-use-in-police-hands-1.2303146

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford appears in a video recovered by police during the Project Traveller investigation, police Chief Bill Blair said today after Ford's friend and occasional driver was arrested on an extortion charge.

Blair said a video seized during an investigation contains images of Ford that have been described by media outlets, an apparent reference to an alleged video that shows Ford smoking crack cocaine.

“We have recovered a digital video file, which is consistent with that which had previously been described in various media reports, and that file forms part of the evidence of the charge that we have laid today,” Blair said.

"I think it’s fair to say that the mayor does appear in that video, but I’m not going to get into the detail of what activity is depicted on that video," said Blair, who added that he was disappointed at the contents of the video.

Link has video of press conference.

recceguy said:
How about a link, a transcript or anything else so people can make their own assumptions without relying on your, over the top, innuendo.

Sorry was a bit rushed. Didn't mean to imply innuendo about a press conference by the police chief.  My assumption was thinking you watched the news.  I'll fix that for next time to help you out.  My bad.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/31/rob-ford-crack-video-the-focus-of-investigation-drug-trafficking-search-warrant-documents-say/

To clarify, I don't think he can survive this.  So yes, I think we're nearing the end of Rob Ford.  We'll see though, he's survived so far. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back