• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time to find a new career

Kmess

Inactive
Reaction score
Well i just had my medical and five minutes into it the medical examiner told me that he is closing my file, due to my Epilepsy. Well you could say that it sucks and yeah I'm crushed. Damn

Kmess said:
Well i just had my medical and five minutes into it the medical examiner told me that he is closing my file, due to my Epilepsy. Well you could say that it sucks and yeah I'm crushed. Damn

You are just meant to do great things in another field thats all. Best of luck.

Kmess said:

Unfortunately having not been through a medical or a denial I can't offer too many words in that department. But, have you any other dreams?

Police Service, Public Service, Foreign Diplomatic Service, etcetera? There are a lot more doors than Military Service to the life one might desire.

My condolences  :( ... maybe a job as a civvie working for the Dept of Nat Def?? www.jobs.gc.ca (I think)

well i'm not to sure what i want to do yet, but i know that if i'm 5 years seizure free with meds then 2 years seizure free without meds then i can think about joining again. but i'm still so young anf i was only applying to a military co-op so , i've still got a year to think of what i want to do.

Theres plenty of other cool jobs out there that directly support the CF. You mentioned co-op, so I take it your in university/college. How about CSE or CSIS?

Kmess said:
well i'm not to sure what i want to do yet, but i know that if i'm 5 years seizure free with meds then 2 years seizure free without meds then i can think about joining again. but i'm still so young anf i was only applying to a military co-op so , i've still got a year to think of what i want to do.

Disappointments are one of Life's rules of thumb, which vary in magnitude.

However they are usually offset by brighter experiences.

In your case, the fact that Medical Advancements have provided you with five years of Seizure free life and would indicate that it will continue to do so.
I would imagine that there are many Cancer Patients that would be glad for this gift and reprieve.

The opportunities that Life and the World that are still open to you are almost unlimited. Dwelling on this disappointment is mote in the scheme of things.

Cheers.

Back