• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

thyroid

ngmike92

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I've checked the forms and found no recent thyroid question regarding to me, I have a hyper active thyroid what are my chances to get in ?

/

Why would an older thread on thyroid conditions not be applicable to your situation?

site:army.ca thyroid

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/41965.0 - See replies #3 and #4.

Talking to a recruiter will increase your chances by 100% Just to be sure, it's hypER not hypO? I would imagine that it would depend on the degree and your dependence on your medication. To get a good answer you should:
a) Talk to a recruiter who will steer you on the right path. If your condition is a flat out NO, he/she should know that.
b) Talk to your doctor about how your condition would affect Army life.

Trick said:
b) Talk to your doctor about how your condition would affect Army life.

Most doctors are actually quite unaware of what our medical restrictions are in the military, how our category system works and even some of the potential physical demands - I've seen people show up with a Dr note saying this person is fit for military life and they're not even fit for a civilian one - talk to the medical section at the CFRC.

MM

medicineman said:
Most doctors are actually quite unaware of what our medical restrictions are in the military, how our category system works and even some of the potential physical demands - I've seen people show up with a Dr note saying this person is fit for military life and they're not even fit for a civilian one - talk to the medical section at the CFRC.

MM

Ha, wasn't even aware each RC had a medical section, thanks.

Back