• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Those selected for BMQ: 26th Sept to 9th Dec in Borden

Gunner_Pyza

Reaction score
Just want to say that I was accepted as a NESOP and I start my BMQ as the title says.  

I'd like to know if anyone else on the boards are comming with?

Hi. I'm not going to BMQ in Sept, I just wanted to know what NESOP stands for. I leave for BMQ on Aug. 27, and mine is in St. Jean.

Are you certain about basic being in Borden? I'm also going for basic on sept 12th for the enginers.  But, I was looking forward going to Quebec, I've spent enough time in Borden with cadets.

I'm going to St Jean as a SigOp, and will be going from September 12 to December 9. They have two regular force BMQ's going on at the same time.

Yea I believe they are going to be starting regular force BMQ in Borden.  But there will still be regular force BMQ in St. Jean as well.

What is up with your training times? I was told that when I go to BMQ in Sept. 28 that I will be done in November. 

I'm going to be at the Sept. 26th to Dec. 9th BMQ in Borden.   I Leave Victoria on the 24th.

What is up with your training times? I was told that when I go to BMQ in Sept. 28 that I will be done in November.

I was told once that BMQ Always starts on a Monday, so I think you must have been told the 26th.  Then if you add 10 weeks its going to be until Dec. 9th.  Your recruiter may have made a hasty calculation in their head and given you incorrect info, or maybe you misheard.  It'll all be cleared up during your swearing in ceremony anyway.

I am going to BMQ Sept 26th- Dec 9th, I wasn't told whether that was St.Jean or Borden, but I will definitely ask the next time I am speaking to a recruiter. Although from the posts I've read in several threads it seems that date points to Borden. Which would actually be awesome because my brother lives about a 25 minute drive from Borden, much better than the 13 hour drive away from my home (Halifax).

I'm happy about going to Borden because I'd like to try and take in a Leafs game during the mid course break.  Go Leafs Go.
Anyway, what trade are you going J-Mac? I met a couple of guys at my repeat PT test who were going on the Sept 26th course for 031 PPCLI.
I hope our course meshes well and gets into the teamwork fast, so that all our time at BMQ goes as smoothly as possible.

GO LEAFS GO!!

Im head'in to borden for the 26th as well. Think there will be time to catch a game? didnt even cross my mind until now

A couple Leafs games would be nice.  I'd prefer a few Blue Jays games.   They are only 4 games away from the wildcard.   I think they can make the playoffs.

But of course training first!  Didn't exactly wait 8 months for nothing   ;D

I was supposed to goto St Jean originally...

Apparently its now Borden

September 26th to December 9th!

See you there.

:cdn:

I just came back from my BMQ last week, which was in Borden. and yes we did have reg guys within my platoon.

Count me in !! So excited, slightly terrified! I'll see you there!

To those that are going let's give a little information about ourselves.  Just so that it'll make things a little easier when we see each other in Borden.

Mark Pyza from Oakville Ontario.  You pronounce my last name Pie-za basically.  20 years old.  Going into NESOP.  I'm pretty excited that it's only another 33 days left till we start basic.  I hope everything goes well and good luck to all.

A better idea is just add everyone to your msn list...  Most people here have hotmail it seems.

cameronyule@hotmail.com

I was told to arrive early around the 23rd-24th.

:cdn:

Ryan from Nova Scotia...20...Goin in as Line Technician

MSN is rhino_116@hotmail.com...feel free to add

Back