• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This Summer's SQ+BIQ at the Meaf!

No im just doing my infantry this summer, july 15 to august 12

You're doing your infantry course in Meaford?  Thats odd.  34th Brigade usually does theirs in ValCartier.

But if you are going to Meaford, be sure to check our Wasaga Beach if you guys aren't CB  ;D

it doesnt matter where u go it can b shit or great depending on your attitude and owen sound isnt bad at all  and if u think it is well you obviously dont have much T.I. anyway good luck trainings the easy part

it doesnt matter where u go it can b crap or great

But if you REALLY want to make it great, make sure your course does good on inspections so you guys arent CB, then get a bunch of guys together and go to Wasaga Beach for the weekend.  Drink like fish and party your ass off!

And for your course party, nothing beats the strip clubs in Owen Sound.  They have a soft spot for soldiers  8)

Lost_Warrior said:
But if you REALLY want to make it great, make sure your course does good on inspections so you guys arent CB, then get a bunch of guys together and go to Wasaga Beach for the weekend.  Drink like fish and party your ass off!

And for your course party, nothing beats the strip clubs in Owen Sound.  They have a soft spot for soldiers  8)

Or, a soft spot for the soldiers' salary at the end of the summer which they haven't had time (up until now) to be able to fully extend! I won't be joining in on those adventures though, I've just become engaged last month to the woman I've been with for 4 years. Strip clubs have no appeal or point for me. Wasaga beach on the other hand, I will be there for!!!

Meaford, here I come!!!

I suggest splitting a cottage at Sauble Beach in Wasaga. Between 8 people, the cost is like 20$ for the weekend... buy some cheap beer like Bohemian and you're set! Lots of people that hang out on the beach and in the neighbouring cottages so you will have a good time for sure. Thats what I did for my Grad party this year, too bad I didn't know about it last summer. Oh well.

Well, now I know what to do to kill time when I get the chance. But I still don't know what to expect. I understand its going to be tough, just because its my first time and because its the army's way of eliminating the weak. But I've heard stories of punishments such as... filling a sand bag with sand with only a spoon to use, or cutting 6 foot high grass with scissors. The most I believe was the fact that the commanding officers will be anal about everything since I'm a reserve and some of them are reg force, but what can I really expect?

Well folks, time is counting down...

Saturday July 2nd at 8AM I will be departing from my home unit to Meaford, about 4-5hr drive depending on how hardcore the bus driver is... Lol...

I am pretty sure this is the last time I'll be on this sight until when I get back unless by some mysterious chance I get internet access or time when I'm home on a weekend here or there..

To all of you staying home this summer ---> ENJOY IT!!! Go fishing/biking/hiking/hunting/camping/whatever it is you do!!!

To all of you going to some type of training this summer... Good luck! Don't give up!!!

Joe

Lost_Warrior said:

I have horrible memories of the Harb and the Smugglers. *shudder*

oh boy... poor troops that think OS is a good place to spend your weekend :)

let me tell you if you LIVE here, it is even worse.

and hey, see ya'll in meaford tomorrow

Can anyone give me info on BMQ at Meaford, July 2005?  My son there (reserves) and I have no info on visits/free time/ ceremonies.

reservemom,

He'll likely be very busy for the first few weeks. Very little free time. He should be able to let you know by then, if and when he'll have weekends, or portions of them, off. As for the Grad parade, he should be recieving instructions for visitors about half way through. Just keep asking when you talk to him, his mind will be on many other things at this time, and this sort of thing will likely be the least of his worries.

Little help for the family trying to find out about their son on course...

I was on the SQ/BIQ myself until getting med RTU'd not too long ago... infact he should be getting this weekend off (thur night to sat night) if I am not mistaken... and by the sounds of it when I was there almost every weekend afterward as well.

And as far as grad ceremy, the schedule had no indication of any grad parade... but you never know

I'm back for the weekend for from my SQ/BIQ courseload, we're lucky, VERY lucky, to have gotten it off...

We were told our grad parade would be Aug 18th, no actual timing yet though.

Joe

My son is in BMQ course.  Do they have different times off?

R031 Pte Joe said:
I am pretty sure this is the last time I'll be on this sight until when I get back unless by some mysterious chance I get internet access or time when I'm home on a weekend here or there..

IF you get time off, you can get internet access in the portable behind the Bunker/Bite Stop. It works - I was part of the crew that wired that place up. It has 25 stations (GPNet - still under DND use rules) and 6 LINKED X-Boxes. (Boy, testing that part was rough  ;D). Enjoy.

Ralph

IF you get time off, you can get internet access in the portable behind the Bunker/Bite Stop. It works - I was part of the crew that wired that place up. It has 25 stations (GPNet - still under DND use rules) and 6 LINKED X-Boxes. (Boy, testing that part was rough  Grin). Enjoy.

Ralph

Well well, I'll ask my 2i/c about that when I get back, just sort of mention it softly... I bet it will probably be off limits to us until we hit BIQ or some such, or maybe we won't be able to use that at all. We'll see, I want to be able to use the mini-theatre in the CANEX or the Jr.Ranks mess to watch Full Metal Jacket with my section and/or platoon! That'd be one hellova time!

My son is in BMQ course.  Do they have different times off?

Well, yes and no it seems... Another platoon in the same course as mine only recieved 1 day off this weekend, and some didn't recieve any days off (mostly BMQ). BMQ is suppose to "indoctronize" a person into the military way of life, so usually they don't get time off until a few weeks down the road from what I've heard...

Joe

I leave in about a week for BIQ at Meaford... Awesome. Course runs from July 17th to August 19th. :skull: Then, of course, Stalwart Guardian  :dontpanic:

Rereading my joining instructions for the umpteenth time. Questions!

CF899 Route Letter
My unit will provide this on the date of departure, correct?

"All travel advances, including interim journey requirements, should be drawn on the CF99 Travel Order and Claim prior to departure from the dispatching unit."

Could someone just clarify this one?

"Personnel attending non-leadership courses both at Meaford and the Mattawa Plains will require a servicable barrack box."
Unit provides this? CFB Meaford? Or is it just one of my lovely kit bags?
[edit: Found answer in joining instructions. Shows how well I read, eh?

I'm nervous about going, of course, but I can't wait. Running around through tank ruts and twisting my ankle is going be pretty depressing, but it's only a month. Going to be fun! And the mess is pretty darn good, too.

Lavender said:
I leave in about a week for BIQ at Meaford... Awesome. Course runs from July 17th to August 19th. :skull: Then, of course, Stalwart Guardian  :dontpanic:

Rereading my joining instructions for the umpteenth time. Questions!

CF899 Route Letter
My unit will provide this on the date of departure, correct?

"All travel advances, including interim journey requirements, should be drawn on the CF99 Travel Order and Claim prior to departure from the dispatching unit."

Could someone just clarify this one?

"Personnel attending non-leadership courses both at Meaford and the Mattawa Plains will require a servicable barrack box."
Unit provides this? CFB Meaford? Or is it just one of my lovely kit bags?
[edit: Found answer in joining instructions. Shows how well I read, eh?

I'm nervous about going, of course, but I can't wait. Running around through tank ruts and twisting my ankle is going be pretty depressing, but it's only a month. Going to be fun! And the mess is pretty darn good, too.

You have no idea! Those damn tank ruts are EVERYWHERE on that base... I'm still searching for a place their NOT... Only place I found so far was the spot I dug my first trench... And it turned out to be part of the Canadian shield, with me digging up rocks have the size of myself, no kidding! Bedrock... Damn dull pick!

You might be on the same BIQ as me, it starts this Monday. There are A LOT of people comming on for this BIQ, 45 we have now, plus about 20 more! Big big amount of people on 1 course from what I've seen... 12 man sections and all!

See U later!

PS> What is your home unit?

Back