• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Unfinished War

• Thread starter brad_dennis
  • Start date
B

brad_dennis

Noticed on CNN‘s website they have at the bottom of their page, an in-depth piece about the "Unfinished War" on Iraq. Something tells me green slime has been working overtime on America‘s favorite media voice to prepare the public for the next phase of Desert Storm.

Twenty buck says headsheds in the US military are just itching for S. Hussein to do something stupid.

As an aside, is the US military strictly against non-citizens joining the US army? I know there was Cdn volunteers who joined for Vietnam. What is the scoop these days?

Well last time I checked the USMC didn‘t accept non-citizens. Plus with the war on terrorism they‘re probably even more paranoid.

Anyway, if you _really_ want to I guess you can go to the US and become a landed immigrant or something, but I think that before you can join their armed forces you have to be a US citizen. And in case you‘re wondering, NO, the Army/MC won‘t help you become a citizen.

Hope I helped,

Fred :cdn:

Originally posted by brad_dennis:

As an aside, is the US military strictly against non-citizens joining the US army? I know there was Cdn volunteers who joined for Vietnam. What is the scoop these days?[/QB]
I went down for a drive 2 months ago to see on joining the US army(i had my reasons) but was not allowed because, yes I wasn‘t a US citizen. I talked to immigrations and they told me that there was almost no way of joining because I would have to first work in the civy life to get a social security number, and to get that I would have to have some sort of special trade to offer. But it might have changed now.

But on the plus side the recruiter I was talking to who used to be an Army Ranger said he did some training with the CAR in the early 90‘s and with who he thought was PPCLI(but wasn‘t sure) quite recently said that "Canadian‘s are crazy and they(USA) could use alot more of our kind!
I just thought that was pretty cool to hear

Andrew :cdn:

Back