• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Haggis said:
That unspent $900M in WE money has to go somewhere.

Don’t be surprised when the WE R Gunfree charity pops up and the ‘public servants’ recommend it as the only organization capable of running a gun buy-back program. :not-again:

Good2Golf said:
Don’t be surprised when the WE R Gunfree charity pops up and the ‘public servants’ recommend it as the only organization capable of running a gun buy-back program. :not-again:

How did you get a copy of my tender documents?

Buried in last Wednesday's Speech from the Throne was a restatement of the Liberal's promise to implement municipal handgun bans.  I'd expected they would use this speech to announce a national handgun ban. I'm glad I was wrong.

An outright ban would force them to do something and spend monies they really don't have. They will likely announce a ban as an election promise.

Complete ban might lose them a confidence vote right now, the moment when/if they have a majority, you'll see a semi-complete ban.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Complete ban might lose them a confidence vote right now, the moment when/if they have a majority, you'll see a semi-complete ban.

How though?  The bloc and NDP would support.

A complete ban?  The Bloc?  Hunting is huge there....and I'd say 60/40 NDP.  Even some rural Liberal's might break ranks....

EDIT:  wow, thought we were discussing a complete weapons ban, not just handguns.  My bad....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
A complete ban?  The Bloc?  Hunting is huge there....and I'd say 60/40 NDP.  Even some rural Liberal's might break ranks....

You are supposing individual MPs would be allowed to vote according to their conscience or constituents wishes. In reality, they would be whipped into voting as a block and woe to those who voted against the party line.

Retired AF Guy said:
You are supposing individual MPs would be allowed to vote according to their conscience or constituents wishes. In reality, they would be whipped into voting as a block and woe to those who voted against the party line.

Exactly.

It's also tellling that the RFP for a firm to design a buyback program has been cancelled effective 22 September.

Haggis said:
Exactly.

It's also tellling that the RFP for a firm to design a buyback program has been cancelled effective 22 September.

What the heck? I wonder what that means?

suffolkowner said:

Retracting it until ‘WE Want No Guns’ is incorporated in Canada.

suffolkowner said:
According to the CSSA, who quoted Public Safety spokesperson Tim Warmington: “The bid evaluation process did not yield to the selection of a successful bidder. A revised Request for Proposal will be introduced in the near future.”.......once WE can submit a $930M bid

All guns are not going to be banned! LOL
I can express my views here on this topic because they're not views that run contrary to the CAF views that are dictated as being politically correct.

And my view is, an extremist and ridiculous position being taken is not in the best interests of those who enjoy gun related activities and sports. A moderate and rational position 'is' the correct approach because:

The socalled soccer moms are a part of the large voting bloc who don't give a fng lick about decent Canadians being allowed to own guns and use them in a responsible way. Alienate them at your own peril!

cheers!

Donald H said:
All guns are not going to be banned! LOL
I can express my views here on this topic because they're not views that run contrary to the CAF views that are dictated as being politically correct.

And my view is, an extremist and ridiculous position being taken is not in the best interests of those who enjoy gun related activities and sports. A moderate and rational position 'is' the correct approach because:

The socalled soccer moms are a part of the large voting bloc who don't give a fng lick about decent Canadians being allowed to own guns and use them in a responsible way. Alienate them at your own peril!

cheers!

Is it just me, or does this post make absolutely no logical sense?

Haggis said:
It's not just you.  He's trolling.

He got it wrong when he referred to my post as not making any logical sense. Then you got it wrong when you didn't refer to it as not making any tactical sense.

Because that's exactly what it was meant to do! So you better hope that the soccer moms and all the other mommies and daddies don't take the extremism being demonstrated here seriously.

Be careful you don't get caught trolling for the attention of the mommies and daddies!

cheers haggis.

Minister Blair's second attempt to find a private company to administer the OIC's proposed compensated confiscation regime ("buyback") has gone unanswered.

Now what?

Back