• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Respectfully, I don't understand why this is a complex case in the slightest.

If someone takes the PAL course, completes the exams, grabs the application package, fills it out, submits it with everything it requires & pays the fee...

Assuming the person is successful and receives their license a few months down the road, and they go to an authorized retailer, legally purchase a firearm, and obey the laws of transporting/storing/using it...I just don't see how buying those firearms back is doing anything to effect some scumbag who got his hands on an illegal gun & is going to use it in a criminal offense

The government came up with this out of nowhere. One day, poof the government wants further firearm restrictions...but only to fulfill their promise of ridding the streets of assault rifles 🙄

Then at the last minute, in their constantly sneaky ways, they try to expand the list of subject firearms to ALL OF THEM...

And when the opposition suggests they want to take away hunting rifles from law abiding Canadians that aren't the gangbangers with pistols, the government says "No that isn't what we are doing!" when it's actually exactly what they are doing...

To me, it screams of government overreach. To me its blatantly confiscating people's personal property when those people haven't done anything to deserve it - heck the whole bill is targeting law abiding citizens. (Criminals get their guns confiscated pretty darn quick once caught with one...)

None of this is meant as argumentative towards you Haggis.

I just don't understand what is complex about this matter, or why/how the government even has a leg to stand on after they blatantly lied about their intentions.

Let people who legally own guns to keep their property. Let the police confiscate the guns that aren't legally owned or used for a lawful purpose...

I just don't see what makes this issue complex 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't make sense to you because you don't have a deep seeded fear of something you don't understand.

The question is “what is their desired end state”.

People need to stop and add this piece into the other parts of the equation that = the LPC and current govt and decide for themselves if they trust the motives and stated desires end state.

I just don't see how buying those firearms back is doing anything to effect some scumbag who got his hands on an illegal gun & is going to use it in a criminal offense
Small point but language matters, its not a ‘buy back’. Its expropriation. A buy back implies the government possessed it at some point and is less insidious than expropriating lawfully obtained property.

Respectfully, I don't understand why this is a complex case in the slightest.

If someone takes the PAL course, completes the exams, grabs the application package, fills it out, submits it with everything it requires & pays the fee...

Assuming the person is successful and receives their license a few months down the road, and they go to an authorized retailer, legally purchase a firearm, and obey the laws of transporting/storing/using it...I just don't see how buying those firearms back is doing anything to effect some scumbag who got his hands on an illegal gun & is going to use it in a criminal offense

The government came up with this out of nowhere. One day, poof the government wants further firearm restrictions...but only to fulfill their promise of ridding the streets of assault rifles 🙄

Then at the last minute, in their constantly sneaky ways, they try to expand the list of subject firearms to ALL OF THEM...

And when the opposition suggests they want to take away hunting rifles from law abiding Canadians that aren't the gangbangers with pistols, the government says "No that isn't what we are doing!" when it's actually exactly what they are doing...

To me, it screams of government overreach. To me its blatantly confiscating people's personal property when those people haven't done anything to deserve it - heck the whole bill is targeting law abiding citizens. (Criminals get their guns confiscated pretty darn quick once caught with one...)

None of this is meant as argumentative towards you Haggis.

I just don't understand what is complex about this matter, or why/how the government even has a leg to stand on after they blatantly lied about their intentions.

Let people who legally own guns to keep their property. Let the police confiscate the guns that aren't legally owned or used for a lawful purpose...

I just don't see what makes this issue complex 🤷‍♂️
Preaching to the choir brother.

The question is “what is their desired end state”.

People need to stop and add this piece into the other parts of the equation that = the LPC and current govt and decide for themselves if they trust the motives and stated desires end state.
Total disarmament of the civilian population.

It's actually more about votes, particularly in urban Canada where voters have been told, repeatedly, that guns are used only by criminals.

It's very rare to see media stories that ahow gun use in a positive light.

True. How often are the DRCA or CFSAC results celebrated on the news. What about biathlon?

Total disarmament of the civilian population.

I think that is a part of it. I could be wrong of course but without being part of the inner circles I’ll never know.

What indicators / incidents have happened that fit that type of agenda? internet control bill. Use of EA against protesters. Control of media.

Biggest indicator; the unchecked expansion of the “assault rifle ban”.

I’m hoping for a near-future election. I didn’t see much chatter on social media over the gun ban from friends who are typical Canadian adults. I won’t say the same over the Internet bill. Lots of people unhappy the govt is deciding for them what they can/can’t see.

It's actually more about votes, particularly in urban Canada where voters have been told, repeatedly, that guns are used only by criminals.

It's very rare to see media stories that ahow gun use in a positive light.
Votes are just a secondary knock on result. The goal is to disarm the population so there can be no resistance to what the government wants to do. Once that happens, voting become strictly a facade of a authoritarian government that owns the elections. Selective censorship, restrictions on travel, reductions of animal protein, overtaxing the population, elimination of the Middle class are part and parcel of a totalitarian government. They keep pushing these items a little at a time, just to see how far they can go. No resistance to the ideas makes them status quo and allows the government to advance them one step further until they achieve their goal.

It's why the Founding Fathers of the Republic of the US, not a democracy, created the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:
Votes are just a secondary knock on result. The goal is to disarm the population so there can be no resistance to what the government wants to do. Once that happens, voting become strictly a facade of a authoritarian government that owns the elections. Selective censorship, restrictions on travel, reductions of animal protein, overtaxing the population, elimination of the Middle class are part and parcel of a totalitarian government. They keep pushing these items a little at a time, just to see how far they can go. No resistance to the ideas makes them status quo and allows the government to advance them one step further until they achieve their goal.

It's why the Founding Fathers of the Republic of the US, not a democracy, created the 2nd Amendment.

This is the worst case scenario and while some find it hard to believe, I wonder…

This is the worst case scenario and while some find it hard to believe, I wonder…

I don't think there is any doubt he wishes he could wave a communist wand and make all his dreams come true.

I guess I’m just holding onto hope by not saying “it’s a certainty”.

Lol
…as much of a certainty as increasing violent crime rate in Canada under Trudeau’s sunny ways government, without any contribution from legal *gun owners…

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited:

Holy absolute f**k...

You'd think after literally years of media organizations, political opponents, citizens, etc quoting him as saying that after the first time he said it...and given EVERYTHING swirling around him these days about Chinese interference in our elections, funding certain candidates, donating money to the foundation 'he has nothing to do with' but then goes ahead and vacations at a resort owned by a recent donor to that foundation 🙄

You'd think, even being as dumb as him, that you wouldn't start saying that shit again... 🤦‍♂️

I'm actually glad he keeps saying and doing all this nonsense. I've stopped caring about the ethicacy of it all, and have found my own sort of dark humor in it...now I find myself secretly hoping his 'major screw-up of the week' is a good one!

The more stuff like this he does, the more the chances are the remaining LPC loyalists will see him for what be is

Gee, I wonder what was happening in Canada, prior to 2015….
Democracy in actual form?

Industry development? Common sense?

The idea that calling an individual person 'they' as in plural was poor grammar, and that identifying as a fire hydrant wasn't an option?

I feel like I could write up a pretty lengthy list here...

Holy absolute f**k...

You'd think after literally years of media organizations, political opponents, citizens, etc quoting him as saying that after the first time he said it...and given EVERYTHING swirling around him these days about Chinese interference in our elections, funding certain candidates, donating money to the foundation 'he has nothing to do with' but then goes ahead and vacations at a resort owned by a recent donor to that foundation 🙄

You'd think, even being as dumb as him, that you wouldn't start saying that shit again... 🤦‍♂️

I'm actually glad he keeps saying and doing all this nonsense. I've stopped caring about the ethicacy of it all, and have found my own sort of dark humor in it...now I find myself secretly hoping his 'major screw-up of the week' is a good one!

The more stuff like this he does, the more the chances are the remaining LPC loyalists will see him for what be is
Ummmm....sorry to interrupt your outrage but the article you linked is dated November 8th, 2013.

Back