• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

Sapper, the C7 bolt ain‘t got nothin‘ on the .50‘s bolt. That thing should have a manual of its own. :)

As for all the kiddies who badmouth the C7 without having fired it... well, you‘re simple. Can‘t rephrase that to make it sound any nicer. Sorry.

The only bitch is the barrel could stand to be a few inches shorter, a multi-position stock would be nice, and having a rail system would be better than guntaping **** like maglights on the handguards. And the C79 sight should be taken out back and put out of its misery. In essense, a heavy barrel C8 with a RAS and ACOG on it would be just the ticket IMO. Add an M14 or two in at the platoon level for DM purposes and you‘re laughing.

And there‘s no sense in switching to some experiemental caliber when 5.56 is the NATO standard and is battle proven. Of all the things the Army needs, ******* around in selcting a new rifle is not one of those.

...and that friends, endeth the lesson.

Good points, except the hb.

Med or Standard barrel is fine, HB don‘t work with M203‘s well. HB just extra weight. Talk to Kevin B he will tell yah everything.

Robert KM, you would have really impressed me if you said you used your hat and cleaned your rifles in the DARK without losing any pieces.

I seem to remember doing this last summer in an effort whilst in the field to keep the weapon clean, although I can‘t recall what course I was on.

Having to do everything by feel because you can‘t see is a pain in the arse. But, yes, the hat is very helpful for not losing the pieces -- assuming you can find your HAT in the dark! doh!

:)

He basically just defined what the "new" rifle would be, the question is, will we ever see it?

Nope. Primary scope is for the regs ASAP with res units being picked up later.

The whole project could be scraped the way things are going anyway...we‘ll have to wait and see.

Regards

Diemaco changed their website around. It now includes the C7A2. It‘s got a couple pictures, it also details the new magazine catch.

http://www.diemaco.com/c7a2.htm

It looks pretty good. :mg:

I didn‘t realize they manufactured a C8A2 also, but ...

I‘m tempted to scan some FTX pics of me and my C7 to enter in their picture contest for free stuff (but not a rifle, as the website says ;) )

yea, it kinda does, i think it would be nice just with black furniture, and then just allow soldiers to paint there weapons to there needs.

Still staying with the optical sight :mad:
Even though I shoot very well with it I also did with iron sight‘s :soldier:

We should keep it simple!
Leave optical sights to the snipers.

I think the original design used CADPAT instead of the solid green. Wonder why they changed.

it was a cost thing. just cheaper to paint it all green then to do cadpat.
nice to see something like that come out eventually, even with it‘s warts and all it‘ll hopefully be a better weapon.
Greg

Either way, gotta say the C7 is one beautiful weapon despite that green.

Has anyone heard if/when the updated rifles will be issued to the reserves?

Its not like they are radically different designs anyways, so it might be a while for the upgrade to be completed.

Originally posted by hawain_light:
[qb] yea, it kinda does, i think it would be nice just with black furniture, and then just allow soldiers to paint there weapons to there needs. [/qb]
It does seem like this would be a better option, because the paint job done by the soldiers would be more irregular, and better camoflague.

On the other hand, the furniture can still be painted to break up the outline more.

Back