• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank you!

spacey

Inactive
Reaction score
This post is to say thank you to all those you have answered questions and provided some fabulous information.  I am not a big poster, but I read everything. 

I am applying for DEO in the Army reserves, requesting Signals O or Log O (only 4 choices that I can pick from).  My application is currently saved and I can hit 'submit' at any time.  Been in touch with my recruitment officer, and we are both pretty happy to get the ball finally rolling.  It has been nearly 2 years of meetings with the RO, tours, chats and filling out my app...but still have not been ready to submit.  Fitness and knee problems have been my hindrance.

Unfortunately another set back.  I have been in fitness mode, having lost 75 pounds thus far with a bit more to go.  I had double knee surgery last June and that sidelined me pretty well and I had to pull back my application.  Since then, I have been in recovery mode...gained back some weight and been working my butt of to get back to where I was last summer.  Working on eating healthy again, cardio, weights...you know the drill.  Unfortunately my right knee got worse after the surgery than it was before...which has really hindered my ability to do good physical activity ( I cannot even walk up and down stairs properly). 

Now I am slated to go on April 4th for knee surgery, so that will put me out at least 8 weeks.  I have a couple options, submit my application now and postpone my physical until my knee is useable or wait until my knee is useable and then apply.  I think I will just wait to submit, whats a few extra months.....just means more time to heal and train.

As for the physical I am not concerned about the step test, grip, sit ups...my issue is doing the pushups.  I am a 29 y.o F, and can barely do 1 push up.  So I have found a 100 push up challenge that I have started, and to get myself to where I need to be. 

Aside my mini life story, I just wanted to give a big thank you to all the contributors on here.  You have no idea how much your information has helped.  I have scoured the forums and you all have been a huge help.  SO once again a big thank you!  You are all motivators and I appreciate all the blatant honesty that you give.

Back