• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]

Originally posted by Robert KM:
[qb] What About Piercings? Well No Visable Ones? Nipple, Tounge ETC Are they Going make us Remove them? [/qb]
If you are a male all earings, and other piercings should have been removed while in uniform.

Females 1 small silver or pearl stud in each ear. That is all

I just got that in the O-group yesterday.. you may wear your body piercings on base IF you live on base and are on your way off the base to town. That‘s the only permissible time.

Bzz

No man should have body piercings. Except maybe those gay biker leather guys in San Francisco. Other then that it should be an international rule.

Honestly guys, if you have a PA piercing, do you think anyone is going to check? I know plenty of men and women in the forces who have body piercings below the neck. They certainly aren‘t going to strip you naked to check, but if there‘s a problem with it and it gets infected and you need to go to the MIR, you could get in crap for it then.

But yes, all body piercings are verboten. Women can have a single earring in each ear, and that‘s it. Men are not "supposed" to have any holes in their body that they weren‘t born with.

Hmmm Ive had Visable peircings For About A year Now, But I Dont wear Them On duty.

MAN Im too much of a Civvy Then Military (KICK ME)
Guess I‘l lSee what Trouble I can get into.

Question on the piercings, are you allowed to wear a.. I‘m blanked out on the name right now, but its a piece of clear plastic, you put it in your piercings, they cant be seen, but they keep the piercing open, so it wont close up

I‘m assuming right now the answer is no, but just like to confirm it

Originally posted by D-n-A:
[qb] Question on the piercings, are you allowed to wear a[/qb]
I think your talking about a plug. A girl during my BMQ and in my unit had one but it wasn‘t clear, it was skin colour. It looks kinda funny though too, kind of like a peice of sponge shoved in your ear. I don‘t know why anybody would want something like that, where they would just have to take it out whenever you go to work. Not only do piercings not look good on guys but what if they got ripped out? Ouch :crybaby: !
I don‘t know about basic in St. Jean but where I took it with the reserves it was communal showers so if you think nobody is going to see a peircing "bellow the neck", think again (not that people would be trying to look)

well Atticus, if you have a prince albert piercings, and one of your buddies notices it when you shower, and then goes up to your instructors and ADMITS he was looking at your bait and tackle in the shower and completely blades you by telling them you have a piercing, you might get in crap. Then again, your buddy will probably get in more crap for turning you in.

As for plugs, no you aren‘t supposed to have one. A girl on my QL2 tried to get away with that on a tongue piercing, and they made her take it out.

I think plugs would be fine in the girls ears. Also if buddy has his nips pierced and is taking a bird bath in the field then its not hard to notice.

I think It‘s Silly. I say It Sould Be OK, If you Cannot See It Wile your Dressed.

I know Plenty of personal With piercings, Nipple, Belly (Guys)And They never have take them out at work, Even there tounge.

i have 00 gauge plugs and a few in my ears, nose, tounge web, belly button and a couple in the dark spot.. do u think ill have to take them out before my interview?

Hey if you want to look like you have been caught,tagged and let go that‘s your business.
Just don‘t wear them in Uniform.

Have any of you looked in to the medical problem‘s that peircing can cause?

Do some research!!

The photo‘s are not pretty!!

A big part of it is the safety aspect. A piercing is not the same as a tattoo. I have tattoos, but no piercings (no desire, but whatever blows your hair back.....). I heard a story about a female on her Leopard D&M (driving and maintenance) course who couldn‘t disconnect the muff-couplings on the tank (basically disconnect the transmission power to the tracks via pushing in with a long bar) because she had a belly piercing (you have to push fairly hard with either your chest, stomach or legs, etc against the bar) and they still let her pass (sigh.....). Can‘t do, can‘t pass, is my attitude, but I‘m a dinosaur, I guess.

Anyway, if it can be seen (even by a doctor) it can‘t be worn (while on duty). Again, women get the earring exemption (sigh....). Equal, but different. Once the trendiness of piercings goes away, the issue will go away.

Al

Originally posted by Allan Luomala:
[qb] A big part of it is the safety aspect. A piercing is not the same as a tattoo. I have tattoos, but no piercings (no desire, but whatever blows your hair back.....). I heard a story about a female on her Leopard D&M (driving and maintenance) course who couldn‘t disconnect the muff-couplings on the tank (basically disconnect the transmission power to the tracks via pushing in with a long bar) because she had a belly piercing (you have to push fairly hard with either your chest, stomach or legs, etc against the bar) and they still let her pass (sigh.....). Can‘t do, can‘t pass, is my attitude, but I‘m a dinosaur, I guess.

Anyway, if it can be seen (even by a doctor) it can‘t be worn (while on duty). Again, women get the earring exemption (sigh....). Equal, but different. Once the trendiness of piercings goes away, the issue will go away.

Al [/qb]
Know what your talking about as I helped when in Bosnia with a engine change on the Badger.

I enjoyed it,such a simple method and quick to change a engine.I wish we had the same in the marine world.

I agree with Hank Hill (King if the Hill)

"I think body piercings are a good thing. That way, you can tell someone ain‘t right, just by lookin at em"

Back