• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Thread - including current policy [MERGED]

Wolfe said:
So with what i read it shouldn't be a problem having a tattoo and join the jtf2 or pathfinders. right ?

Cheers   :salute: :cdn: :salute:

AHAHHAHHA ok well please without joking i am serious here  :eek: is it a problem or no ?????????

:salute: :cdn: :salute:

Chop said:
I alway's think in terms of if I ever get taken prisoner, I would not want the enemy to know who I was or what qualifications I had. Wether I was recce, jump, pathfinder, ex-airborene or JTF2.

I think if you read all the posts THIS ONE may stand out......especially for Ninjasniperjtfwannabees

Ok look guys i am not some Ninjasniperjtfwannabees ( funny word tough i like it ) i have a tattoo and i just wanted to know if its a problem i don't have my whole military career on my body lol. THX anyways guys.

Cheers  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

What about if I had got a tattoo in the time after I did my medical and I show up at basic with a huge tattoo....

hhahha well i think you wont have problems depends what you tattoos is...but you should be ok with a huge tattoo  ;D
but for the special forces i don't have a clue.

Wolf :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Well, I'd have to say that anybody in JTF2 wouldn't go around with a tattoo on their body advertising the fact that they're special forces.......... Part of the whole idea is that you don't know who they are.  Not only that, if you did ever get taken prisoner with that tattoo........... Well, good luck with your interrogators buds, lord knows the bulk of people who want us dead are Geneva Convention abiding folk..............  ;D

If you do a search, I know that has been covered somewhere...

canadiantrooper87 said:
i was wandering if i get a tattoo what is the policy and where
so if its hidden by uniform

go here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

enter "tattoo" in the search words box

press enter

If you feel this answer isn't direct enough, go here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

Its simple, you can get tattoos, have tattoos, they just cant be on the neck or above, and they cannot be derogatory to other people, race, or religion.

This thread is really getting to me....but I will keep it polite....the questions have already been answered at the beginning of this thread....read them!

I am in the process of getting back in. been out 6 years. When I first joined, I had one tattoo at the time, now my right arm is sleeved wrist to shoulder. Nobody at the recruiting center or the unit I would like to join has said anything other than "Nice tats"

This has been beat to death. I'm locking it.

I've done a search already, and didnt find the answer I was looking for so... If I missed it, please direct me to where it would be.

I've heard rumors and that regarding Officers and having visible tattoos. Is there a policy specific for officers having visible tattoos?

Officers and NCMs follow the same rules on tattoos. Search the for tattoo regs on the forums an you should find all the info on the subject you need.

MED_BCMC said:
I've heard rumors and that regarding Officers and having visible tattoos.
rule #1 when dealing with the Military: ignore all rumours.
MikeL is correct.

While the regulations may not be explicit, it is NOT common for officers to have tattoos that push the boundaries of the regs, or of societal custom. There's no "street cred" in the Officers' Mess for flagrant visible tattoos.

Come to think of it, I do not ever remember meeting or dealing with an Officer who had a visible tattoo. It is an interesting question thought. Well, now since my evening had been completely destroyed, I now have something to ponder over a river of Scotch and a barrel of beer. I have myself, dilusions of grandure and am planning on attempting to get a comission someday. Now I ask myself, since I have three visible tattoos (at least with rolled up or short sleeves) would there be a spot for a tattoooed 200Lb PAFFO who is fuelled by anger and propelled by rage?

Back