• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Talk about Racist and Sexist!

By all means, Carleton itself is still an excellent school with many great professors and students.  It's just the student council who's a joke right now.  I'm really itching to run next year.

George Wallace said:
I know she, nor any of her like minded friends, will come on this site, as they would only be Shark Bait and never survive.  I guess they will make places like Rabble.ca their home on-line.

What an interesting site :D  Needs more red and yellow though... ;)  I love how almost all of their supporters are unions.  Shouldn't that money be going to raising the standard of living for the workers? :tsktsk:

In fact, Mr. Northrup, our racist friend who began the motion, gave a quick shoutout to say that "since the national news is here, I want to say education should be free and we're not doing enough for the environment".  And they called Nick Bergamini an opportunist?  This is the same councillor who was hugging everyone in the gallery and giving them kisses on the cheek.  The only thing more corrupt was Smyth talking to the security guards and having them (try to) lock us out of the meeting.

Oh and it just gets better:

Hey to all the haters –

You are all bigots! Until you know what it’s like to suffer discrimination, you do not deserve to speak. White people get all of the best medical attention and certainly if there were a couple of dollars more to be spent on medicine that helps minorities, I won’t lose sleep over it.

If you still want to debate what I have done, add me on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=90402020&v= …

I have an essay to write and can’t read this stuff anymore.

— Donnie Northrup Nov 26, 03:25 AM

From http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2008/11/26/free-advice-to-cusa-president-and-carleton-students-and-other-students-as-well/

And

UPDATE: Just when I thought it could get any worse. Here’s CUSA councillor Donnie Northrup reportedly telling friends on Facebook that “I see no moral or cultural reasons to stick with Shinerama, to say because we’re been doing it for years, is the same mentality that kept slavery legal, and prevented the women’s vote.”

And CUSA would probably never had been held accountable had it not been for Nick's determination (he's a buddy of mine from High School) and position. You non-university types would be surprised as to how unaccountable student council/unions can be and how easy it is for them to ignore students who aren't in student union positions. Essentially, they 'govern' according to their own rules and jealously guard their power and will do anything to consolidate their control over campus (sort of like how the NDP and Liberals operate....whoopsie).

ARMY_101 said:
By all means, Carleton itself is still an excellent school with many great professors and students.  It's just the student council who's a joke right now.  I'm really itching to run next year.
I don't doubt that for a second, I just don't want an iota of my money going to fund CUSA if that's the kind of people who lead them.

I go to Algonquin now, I might go to CU afterwards after doing a tour (hopefully). 

ARMY_101 said:
Of course.  I was amazed yesterday at the racism spewed by Meera Chander, the councillor who seconded the motion to cancel Shinerama funding.  A councillor raised that he, a white male, felt personally discriminated against because the action called out white males through segregating them from other people.  Rather than apologize, Meera minimalized the racism and said it was nothing - rather, she pressed the racism she felt "all her life" was more important, and thus we began a mini-black/white war during the meeting.

Wow.  Way to perpetuate the cycle of racism.

Back