• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer BMQ in Borden

SoF

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I'm just wondering who's going to BMQ in Borden on June.24th.

I keep getting different dates for basic but I was told yesterday there's 2 summer courses at Borden, one is on Jun.26 and the other on Jul.10

Hello
I was told today that I am going in June as well. I am enrolled in Navy Reserves.

Any info on this course? do you guys know how long this course is etc?
thanks

I think it ends Augest 19, I am a navy reserve also

hope to see you there

It's 8 week Spazz. 4 weeks is the NETP course I believe.

Reserve BMQ is 20 Training days plus one extra day for SHARP training.

Think there might be some confusion here about the army reserve BMQ which is 4 weeks (20 days) as opposed to the navy reserve and air reserve BMQs which are longer (8 weeks as noted above).

I'm looking at the TP right here and it states,

A-PD-050-BMQ/PH-H16

TRAINING DURATION DURÉE DE L’INSTRUCTION
11. This training will require 20 training days + 1 day for SHARP training.

and plus I just got off as course staff for a BMQ Course so I know what the training duration is.

So if you train for 5 days a week then would equate to 4 weeks not 8 weeks.

mdh said:
Think there might be some confusion here about the army reserve BMQ which is 4 weeks (20 days) as opposed to the navy reserve and air reserve BMQs which are longer (8 weeks as noted above).
Ah, could be but shouldn't all the courses be similar in length as they are categorized as a CF wide "common course"? hence the name Basic Military Qualification.

<ADDED>
Just looked on http://www.navres.forces.gc.ca/navres/cffsq-enfcq/borden/index_e.htm and found that at Borden they teach  Part 2 of the Basic Military Qualification (an eight week course)  which I'm guessing might be equivalent to the Army's SQ (? can someone verify this please).

So I stand corrected on the course length.

<ADDED>

From http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/air_reserve/recruiting/training_e.asp#Basic%20Training%20  Air Reserves do a 10 week BMQ course.

I am a navy reserve and all I now is i am going to Borden BMQ for 8 week this summer, I was told that the army res., air res. and navy res. all do the same course together.

Res BMQ is not 4 weeks..I did mine from Feb 20th to April 31st it was Mon-Thurs thru co-op and sometimes fridays as well. and my SQ started on May 1st and it ends June 15th but I'll be shipped out to Borden on June 10th because my Weapons Tech Course starts on June 12 or 13 I haven't had any break from courses to courses and im glad i haven't loving every second of it!

Raj said:
Res BMQ is not 4 weeks..I did mine from Feb 20th to April 31st it was Mon-Thurs thru co-op and sometimes fridays as well. and my SQ started on May 1st and it ends June 15th but I'll be shipped out to Borden on June 10th because my Weapons Tech Course starts on June 12 or 13 I haven't had any break from courses to courses and I'm glad I haven't loving every second of it!

OK now read my keystrokes I'm looking at the BMQ Training Plan and it clearly states that:

A-PD-050-BMQ/PH-H16
ARMY NCM DP 1
PRIMARY RESERVE
BASIC MILITARY
QUALIFICATION

1-3/5

TRAINING DURATION DURÉE DE L’INSTRUCTION
11. This training will require 20 training days + 1 day for SHARP training.

Raj said:
Res BMQ is not 4 weeks..I did mine from Feb 20th to April 31st it was Mon-Thurs thru co-op and sometimes fridays as well.

OK how many hours a day did you train? 2-3 tops?

The TP Training Cycle (unless I'm wrong) is based on an 8 hour work day Monday to Friday so... 5 days a week times 4 weeks = look 20 DAYS!!

And another thing why are you using a Private (Trained) avatar when you aren't even trade qualified??

I fixed you spelling as indicated.

When I started this thread I should have mentioned that this basic course on Jun.25th is for naval reserves.

Back